Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks again Vettgetsmwet04. I wish I knew about the Comfortsense 5000 before the installation. I wonder how much he will charge me to swap out the VP 8320 for the Comfortsense 5000.

Vettgetsmwet04,
    I had the Lennox G71 installed yesterday and upgrade the stat from Honeywell FP6000 to VisionPro IAQ for additional $, is this a good deal? Originally I asked for VP8000, but they said it wouldn't support the humidifier. This IAQ has an additional control board they installed at the return duct. It seems the humidifier is not working as I don't see water flow thru the humidifier. According to the manual, there is a setting for humidifier to turn on/off at the TEST mode at the system setup, but I couldn't get the TEST mode to appear. Anyway it's a really quiet machine and I will give it a few days to settle and go from there. I paid $ for this baby and I think it's much pricy than Costco, but I chose the installer (50 years) over the price. I know a friend paid $ for G61+stat+humidifier. This is the downside of government rebate.
    Last edited by beenthere; 11-19-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Removed prices

I removed your prices. No prices in post, Please read site rules, Thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

yeah the 8000 will not operate your humidifier, the iaq will operate your humidifier, to test u will have to turn the humidity up on the thermostat and see if its running. u have to turn it to a higher relative humdity than the stat shows. The box on the return duct is the module that the stat communicates with, your stat sends signals to it and that controls all the fuctions of the system. but ultimatly your installer should have went threw all the capabilities of this system with u, call them and tell them to show u how to operate everything.

yes it was a smart idea to upgrade to that stat, it will take advantage of the dehumidifacation abilities of your furnace that the 8000 wont as well. no sense to get that furnace if your not gonna get supporting equitment to go with it.

Moderator,
    Sorry for the price posting.

Vettgetsmwet04,
    Thanks again for the info, I'll contact the installer to go thru with me.

Today I watched my furnace as it tried to heat my house from an overnight temp of 64 up to 70. It took about 5 hours. I decided to scan this forum for ideas on why the G71MPP never changed from h40A403 during the 5 hour run. After reading this and other posts, I'm trying to make sure I understand the overall comments on variable capacity mode.

I have a recently installed G71MPP w/ Honeywell IAQ. Based on in the installation manual and forum posts, to run the G71MPP in variable capacity mode dip switches 1/2/3 are set to off/on/off, the thermostat is set to 2 stage heating and there are wires connected to W1 and W2, right?

My IAQ is set to 1 stage heat and there are no wire connections to W2. Would you agree that I need a visit from the installer? Is there a place to look that describes wiring the IAQ and the G71MPP?

Thanks.

Yes you need them to come back out.

Hey MNG71MPP,

Makes complete sense why it stayed at 40% forever.

Without W2 wired up, it will NEVER receive the call from the stat to fire "2nd stage" (i.e. tell the G71 to increase the burn rate). A G71 configured in variable capacity mode, when receiving the call for 2nd stage, will begin to increment the firing rate by 10% every 5 minutes until the stat is satisfied (if the firing rate is is below 60% at the time 2nd stage is called for, it will jump to 70% and increase from there). I'm just a regular homeowner and read this is in the G71 service manual. Naturally, if your stat is not configured to even know it is connected to a two stage furnance, I'm sure it would NEVER try to energize W2 in the first place.

If you're not comfy wiring this and/or how to configure your stat, best to call your installer.

BTW, if you have time, have a look at my "Repeated Vent Calibration Thread", I'd love to know if your G71 is CALing on every heating call like mine.

Chaninater is correct, your furnace is setup correctly, just not wired right. call the installer and inform them, probably an oversight. but the way your furnace is running now its only gonna give you 40% all the time.

Vettgetsmwet04,

I did not follow your instruction to crank up the humidity level setting higher than the stats shows. I got the same installer back, he did exactly what you said and it works. He must have read your post, lol.

Another question I asked him about the condensation trap service care. If I drain the water for cleaning, how I do fill the trap? He said I just need to use a tube to pour water thru the other unused drain plug (the big one, not the 2 small ones). Is there any better easy way?

During the installation, the air intake vent (with a small 90 elbow coupled turning downwards) was 8" above grade, they made me to lower the grade 4" in order to pass the code. After reading the manual, I realize they could have elbow up and down the pipe to save me the regrading. I brought up the issue to the installer and he could not answer me. The hot air exhaust was OK at 12" above grade, he did mention some complication if addition is needed to the Lennox supplied exhaust venting kit. Would like to share this.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tsl View Post
    After reading the manual, I realize they could have elbow up and down the pipe to save me the regrading. I brought up the issue to the installer and he could not answer me. .
    Hi tsl,
    Just went through this venting issue. What your installer might be hesitant about is that each 90 degree ell is more restrictive to air flow than the same length of straight pipe. The manufacture of my system limits the total number of 90s to three for each vent (intake/exhaust). A 3 inch pvc ell is equal to 5 ft. of straight 3" pvc. But a 45 is less than half that restrictive. I was lucky to have the room to use 45s and even one 22 1/2. It's important in my system because a too restricted air flow screws up the combustion effeciency and wears out the little blower faster.

Just stuff i've learned, not a pro (yet )

u dont need to fill the trap up after cleaning, it will fill itself up after 5 to 10 minutes of running the heat, youll hear it dripping into the trap, i wont take long.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast