Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Questions and discussions pertaining to HVAC for the home. No pricing, no DIY, Thank You.

Please read Site Rules Thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I see some home owners are smarter than alot of installers lol. Yes it is true this particular furnace comes factory set for it to run as a 2 stage furnace, instead of variable capacity mode, pretty silly if u ask me. Call your contractor and read the installtion book. Especially the dip switch page. But once u get your furnace set up right you will not be disapointed, it is unbelievable quiet and comfortable, it does have a learning curve at first but after that it will modulate up and down as needed. Vision pro 8000 is just fine to use on this unit, any stat with w1 and w2 outputs can run this furnace in variable capacity mode. If w1 call comes on and satistifies the heat demand then the furnace will drop in heating output on the next call, if w1 is called and it needs a w2 signal from increased heat loss then it will go up on heat output on the next call a certain percent.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    What is the person going to gain with the Lennnox's t-stat vs the Honeywell? Does this stat up and down all the stages like the Rheem's Mod stat, rather than the Lennox locking in the high stage untill heat is no longer called for?
    They won't gain a thing. The Comfort Sense 5000 works just like the VP8000 with W1 and W2... the furnace itself does all the modding based on the W1 and W2 calls and the run-time length during calls for heat. I'm surprised they didn't use the Lennox version though simply because its generally cheaper from Lennox than the VP8000 is from our supplier.

I will get my G71MPP installed on Nov 18, 2009, the installer will provide Honeywell FP6000 thermostat. Are they compatible? Should I ask for Comfortsense 5000 or VisionPro 8000? I do not have AC or heat pump. Thanks.

Hello everyone, I am having a York YP9C Modulating Furnace (80,000 BTU) installed with a York LX14.5 YCJF A/C, and a Aprilaire 600M Humidistat. Will the Vision Pro 8000 series single stage tstat work okay?

Yes. But the IAQ would work better for cooling.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

TSL, the focus pro 6000 will do just fine as long as its the 2 stage heating model. a single stage stat cannot run this furnace in the variable capacity mode, u have to have a w1 and w2 imouts from the stat to the unit. the focus 6000 and 8000 and comfortsense 5000 will all do the same, its just up to u with what u want to spend. i personally would go with the lennox comfortsense 5000, it has humidtol built into it, which means u can run your whole house humidifier off of it, and a dehumidification ability to ramp the blower down in the cooling mode to 80% for better dehumdification on high humidity days. the other two cant do that. and if you upgrade to a 2 stage heat pump the 5000 comfortsense has 4 stages of heat so u can control every stage of heat for that as well. but they all will run your furnace just fine as long as everything is set up properly.

Thanks for the great info, Vettgetmwet04, I'll try to get them supply Comfortsense 5000, will let you guys know how it goes.

My installer said the G71 furnace and XP15 heatpump is setup correctly with my VisonPro 8320 thermostat.

He mentioned my thermostat doesn't support the variable speed of the G71 furnace. Attached are pics of my dip switch settings and thermostat wiring. From what I see dip switch 1 is on. From the manual it states 3-stage heat (40%,70%,100%) when dip switch 1 is on.

Is the installer correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

im afraid your contractor is right westlaker, the thermostat u have has 3 stages of heat but when set up as a duel fuel it only has one stage of heating ability for gas backup, even though u only have a single stage heat pump. so u only have one imput for your gas furnace and variable capacity requires two imputs, w1 and w2 signals. your only option to acheive the variable capacity is to get a different stat that can support it. comfortsense 5000 would be ideal for this situation. but it is setup as good as it can be with what u have, so the installer was correct.

Thanks Vettegetsmwet04 for the quick reply.

So the Comfortsense 5000 has a w1 and w2 input for the furnace and another input for the heatpump. From the pictures on the Web, the Comfortsense 5000 and VisionPro 8320 look identical appearance wise. Anyone have a link to the Comforsense installation guide?

Would this be an easy thing for the installer to swap out for the Comfortsense 5000, do additional wires need to be pulled to the stat or anywhere else?

When the XP15 single stage heatpump is on, which is the majority of the time during our mild winters, will I get variable capacity air blowing out of the furnace if I swap out the thermastat for a Comfortsense 5000?

We are treading close to diy...

yes the stat is very similar to the one u have, u will need w1,w2,y1,o,g,r,c,ds. thats 8 wires, the other terminals are h1,h2 and two more for the outdoor temp senser. so 12 wires will hook everything up, h1 and h2 r for a humidifier, this stat can control that too if u have one. ds terminal controls dehumidifacation, when the humidity gets above setpoint, ds makes the furnace slow blower down to 80% for better humidity removal.

this stat was designed for this furnace and will get full potential if setup correctly. variable capacity is when the gas is running and the furnace is constantly going up and down in btu imput to keep the house more comfortable and less temp swings, and quieter operation. everytime your gas cycles off, the next cycle it will give u less or more heat depending on the signals from the thermostat on the previous call. its always adjusting to the load.

when the heat pump is running u will get the cfm that was set on the dip switches from the variable speed blower. that will always be the same airflow every time, it never changes like it will when the gas is running.

if u have enough wires already then it will be an easy swap. but just depends on a few things but if u wanna take advantage of all capabilities of your furnace i would make the upgrade.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast