+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York YKFCGBH6-CVES proximity probe

Post Likes

York YKFCGBH6-CVES proximity probe

I've replaced a proximity probe on a YDHD-57DD compressor but, the new probe is only a 3 wire connection(retrofit kit) the old probe was a 6 wire. The new probe will show the proximity but, will not show temperature which is sending the chiller into a manual reset fault. Did York send me the right part or is there something I'm missing? Do I have to change something in the programming?

Post Likes
    I think you will need to upgrade the e-prom on the microboard. The newer versions don't look at High Speed drain temp anymore.
    There may be another way around it, but I don't know what it is.
    Possibly adding a resistor to fake out the input?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drivewizard View Post
    I think you will need to upgrade the e-prom on the microboard. The newer versions don't look at High Speed drain temp anymore.
    There may be another way around it, but I don't know what it is.
    Possibly adding a resistor to fake out the input?
    That's what I thought. I've had to replace the microboard on one of these chillers before and don't remember the new microboard monitoring the drain temp. Thanks for the resistor suggestion though. That would probably work but, I don't know what differential it's looking for and how long after startup does it start to monitor the temp difference? I'd hate to put a resistor for lets say 120 degrees and then have it trip on the same code because the temp differential is to much at startup.

Post Likes
    What type drive/starter do you have? For an A style VSD, you need eprom # 031-01675-001. For B-D style 60 Hz VSD, 031-01675-003. I'll have to get out the parts book for anything else.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in