Looking for suggestions on humidifiers. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckHVAC View Post
    Honestly, looking at your pictures, I see several options for installing a humidifier. Call a good HVAC company and they can fix you right up.
    A "good HVAC company" is what installed that mess. They came highly recommended, but were more interested in maximizing their profits than making sure I got the humidifier that was on the estimate.

Out of the 10 or so I called, the only one that got back to me wanted to install the steam unit for an obscene amount of money and did not seem to care that I did not want to pay for the electricity to run the thing.

"Honestly", what was the point of your response?? "I see a few good solutions, but I am not going to tell you.. ha ha".

Too bad Karma is not real.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcL View Post
    A "good HVAC company" is what installed that mess. They came highly recommended, but were more interested in maximizing their profits than making sure I got the humidifier that was on the estimate.

Out of the 10 or so I called, the only one that got back to me wanted to install the steam unit for an obscene amount of money and did not seem to care that I did not want to pay for the electricity to run the thing.

"Honestly", what was the point of your response?? "I see a few good solutions, but I am not going to tell you.. ha ha".

Too bad Karma is not real.
    I'm sorry if I came across wrong. I did not intend to be a smart arse, I was simply trying to honor the site rules "no DIY".
    I am also sorry you have had bad luck with heating professionals. I do agree that your duct work is ugly. Still we install humidifiers on systems as bad or worse all the time. Previous post on this thread have already given you some solutions, just not step by step.
    Anything I say here is only my opinion. Even if you understood what I said.... What I said may not even be what I meant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12