Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for suggestions on humidifiers.

I have a HVAC installed such that I cant seem to find space for a humidifier.

One consideration as the forced steam unit, but I have read it consumes a good amount of electricity.

Another thought was the ThermoMist unit, but I am reading on here that those units will damage the furnace.

I was all set when I found spra-kleen, but their unit requires 16 inch wide duct. Mine is 8x14.

Any suggestions for a quality humidifier that will work in a tight space and not either kill the furnace or my utility bills??

Thanks.

Some Photos..
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Also see a Skuttle 592-22, but that seems very similar to the ThermoMist.. Is it just as bad??

Nothing??

I guess I am screwed.

as long as your condensate pump doesnt discharge outside an aprilaie600 bypass will work fine. mount on the cheek of the return riser and taks the bypass off that funnny lookin supply transition over the coil if no drain is avalible aprilaire400 good luck

Sorry, I don t follow.. The unit is 14 X 15. I don't have that much space on the top of the furnace.

What Kind of Cluster F!@@# is this ??? All that duxt work crammed in there leaving no room for a humidifier is ridiculous, LOL !!!! Whats the reason for having all that crammed in together ? You should have enough room on your return drop to pu a Aprileaire Model 600 or 700 in tapped off your hot water supply. I think the Aprileaire Model 700 (I have) is no more than 14"-16" wide Should fit on your return drop. Whats the width of your return drop coming into your EAC/Filter rack ?

Return is 11 X 24.

It is OK to put the humidity in before the burner??

Yep perfectly fine to install one there just about half way up from the floor level would be a good spot. Be sure to caulk around the outside of the humidifier to seal it from sucking in air form the basement and tap the water off your hot water supply that is closest to your humidifier.

OK, I will look in to those options too... However, it would seem to me that the moisture may damage the filter... Is that something I need to be concerned about?

No

I spent some time reading up on the Aprilaire. According to their documentation, it can be installed directly next to the AC coils.

http://www.discounthumidifiers.com/v...structions.pdf

Referring to the drawing on page 1, right side.. "Typical installation" has the humidifier on the front of the unit, however my unit (see photos at the start of this thread) has the copper lines coming in on the front. The chimney is in the way too..

The location of the humidifier seems to be determined by the placement of the cooling coil. How do I know which way my coils go? That seems to be the critical question in determining if I can use this humidifier. If they go front-to-back, then I can install the humidified on the right side of the unit. Otherwise, I am SOL for this humidifier.

I don't see how I can fit it at all on the return side. The return duct is too close to the wall on the one side, and too close to the blower on the other!

Thanks again for the help.

Honestly, looking at your pictures, I see several options for installing a humidifier. Call a good HVAC company and they can fix you right up.
    Anything I say here is only my opinion. Even if you understood what I said.... What I said may not even be what I meant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast