Condensation buildup in hvac electrical compartment

I live in Louisiana and have a York AC installed in the attic. The coils are installed ahead of the blower and the manufacturer says that this is okay. The problem that I am having is that the electrical compartment with the breakers and control board(located with the blower) has a lot of condensation building up and it is corroding all of my electrical connections. York is kind of unwilling to help saying it is humidity but all of my neighbors have theres installed in the attic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

your return air duct is probably leaking and pulling in hot moist air from your attic space. i would check for leaks and make sure that the insulation inside your furnace doors is in good shape.

Thanks for the tip. I recently reinsulated the electrical compartment, however this did not work. I will look for leaks in the return air duct. Is it normal for the coils to be installed before the blower. The coil compartment will have some water in it. Could this be the source of my moisture?

almost all blower coils have the coil before the blower.

worst case scenario would be a bad coil, i have seen coil heat sink fins in such bad shape that the water did not shed properly. have you had the coil cleaned lately?

is the electrical panel located after blower (downstream), if so, I seen it where supply air gets into panel and condenses. Cause all kinds of problems with boards and such!!!

Smile

I have seen a similar thing in refrigeration. Where warm moist air is introduced into electrical conduit entering into a walk-in freezer, since warm moist air naturally travels to areas where it is cold and dry. Since your coil is upstream from your blower that means that you are sucking air across your coil. So you are probably using a p-trap because the blower will pull air through the p-trap not allowing the water to drain. You understand that since the blower will pull air wherever it can get it. Sounds like you're pulling warm moist air through the electrical coduit either from poorly installed conduit or just warm moist air all the way back to the disconnect box, or junction box, or all the way back the breaker panel. Most likely a disconnect box mounted in the attic since the air surrounding the houses main breaker panel is partially or completely conditioned. Squirt a little caulking inside the conduit termination at the air handler. This should stop the flow of warm moist air into the electrical cabinet. If you want to be redundant, do the same at the beginning of the conduit either at the disconnect and/or the breaker panel.