Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've heard that only 4% of the viruses out there can attack a Mac. It's pretty good odds.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThat? View Post
    I've heard that only 4% of the viruses out there can attack a Mac. It's pretty good odds.
    Only because the overall number of Macs is miniscule. Hacks like bigger targets

Macs are gay. You should be right at home with it

I like PC's for the wealth of software available for them. You might want to hold out a few months for the Windows 7 OS.

Quote Originally Posted by forged alloy View Post
    Macs are gay. You should be right at home with it
    http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    Not even one of these 15 descriptions apply to me, but maybe I could learn. . .?

I also use both. I use the Mac for photography. When a mac has a hardware problem, you're in for a huge pricey repair.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by brainslice View Post
    he SSD is the single largest performance boost I've ever seen. You really need to experience it to believe what it can do. It was so good, in fact, that I requested an order for several more SSDs to retrofit some older laptops. The increase in performance is staggering. Another benefit is that you don't have to worry about shock damage from dropping or knocking the laptop when it's running. And more, the battery life will increase significantly and the heat output will be reduced.
    Agree 100% but get the Intel SSD. It's superior to the others.

If you order an Apple with the Apple SSD option, it's not going to be an Intel drive. At least not for now anyway.

It is an option to purchase the laptop with a regular drive and then swap in an SSD later on yourself.

I agree that the Intel drives are the best available. Specifically the 34nm Gen2 models. Don't get the Gen1, prices are too high and performance is lower. I retrofitted a MacBook Pro 15 (~ 2yrs old) with an Intel X25-M 160GB SSD model SSDSA2MH160G2C1 (C1 is the OEM packaging, R5 is retail packaging with 3.5" adapter) Gave it back to the user for a test drive and she was like The last ones I ordered from CDW took about 3 weeks for delivery. Don't order from Newegg, they're gouging like crazy on these.

Now if Apple would only support SSD TRIM in Snow Leopard

I have a dell xps 1330 with ssd just looked is a samsung

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12