Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help

Unhappy need help

hello, I've been in biz for over 3 years, 22 years exp. bought a nice house last year just as the economy went south. i had to put my house up for sale due to slow biz, health insurance went up 54%, and now a reassessment. I'm looking for any suggestions for extra income or areas of service that i don't offer to help supplement so i don't lose my home. i currently offer hvac & r installs and repairs. no plumbing or electrical due to locals that have greatly helped me. any help is greatly appreciated, john

u have strong pick-ups? offer snow removal to your current service plan for regular customers ether a flat rate for entire season or charge to remove snow for $XX each time it snows over 3"

In a pinch. You might want to offer your services to apartment complexes.
    Low profit. But, its money.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

i have a 2wd dakota but that is an good option. thanks

Do you do commercial? Door to door service sales has yielded me some new customers that ended up in the long run makeing the company a lot of money. Hotels, appartments, restaurants and institutions like retirement homes are great targets.

i do alot of door to door that gives better results than news paper ads. i will be putting a coupon for discounted routine services on hp and gas in the local coupon book coming out. considered ir services but too much up front money at this time.

I don't know what size city you live in but Craigs List has worked for me as well in the Denver area. However it tends to attract the people who can't afford a reputable contractor and are looking for a cheep fix. On the other hand I have had some commercial inquries about my ads on Craigs List as well.

i am in a small ne pa town about 30 to 45 min. from anything of decent size but will check into it. thank you, all is helpful

What part of PA are you in?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

tamaqua area

Quote Originally Posted by John E View Post
    tamaqua area
    Well, you are not in my territory, but you are in an area that the distributor I work for does business. We do help contractors with marketing to get their phones to ring. If you'd like, email or PM me for my company information.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I've gotten jobs off Craigs list also. Some good some not. Do you have a local plan center? Usually have to low bid them but it's money. And they are in one location so you can sit at a table and work them. Ours cost about a hundred bucks to join and they email everyone when plans come in or are changed. Upside to low bidding is it's not always bad. I low bid a multi unit building that will keep me and 2 guys busy for 5 months. I wont make much more than wages but right now thats all that matters to me. Good luck
    If you think our goverment is screwed up. You haven't lived in another country.

e-mail sent, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast