Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    outside

inside

outside

inside

otherside

Just your run of the mill flex runs, This place had more room in the attic than in the 2nd floor.
    "Duck suite on blast away"
    If you think our goverment is screwed up. You haven't lived in another country.

Talking

Nice work.

Glad you clearified, cause when I first jumped to the site i thought I was looking at a super clean colanoscopy phot graph!

Thumbs up

Very good job. Looks smooth and free flowing. Long radis turn in one pic, GOOD WORK !

What did you use to strap up that ductwork?
    WHY?

We use same stuff here, not sure of name but it is really strong. Looks like nylon rope material. I used some of that stuff to catch a 500lb spa, it flexed a bit but did not break.

Inspectors here will not allow it for fiber plenums, which is stupid considering how strong it is.

Showoff! Nice job.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Thank you for the compliments. The strap is made by Diversitech it's woven polypropylene. It comes in rolls 1 3/4" wide by 100 yards long. Basically the same as your folding lawn chairs have on them. Flex needs alot of support as you know, this stuff works great.
    Richard

Thumbs up

That is how flex should be ran, very nice job!! so use to seeing it kinked off and run all over the place its nice to see it done right for a change.

Thanks obxtech. I do alot of flex systems. It separates the pros from the hacks. The company I used to work for, I did the finish/trim. It would take me longer sometimes to fix the spaghetti than it took them to install it. lol

I must admit I'm not a fan of the flex system, but that is some very nice work. Much nicer than what I've seen by contractors in my area.

I'm not knocking it by any means .. very nice job. Why straps at all? Would'nt the carpenter provided hangers 16" on center be more cost effective?

That would be nice. Also alot of work and material= cost. The strapping material is more than adequite. It's strong and easy to use and as long you run as close to this pattern |\|\|\| and not this /\/\/\ . The flex will stay supported. The latter way, the flex falls out over time. Specially as code here says every 4' supported, leaves 8'between same side connections. It takes less to do it properly exceeding code, than to return and bring it up to code.

ok , maybe you did'nt get it ...
    I meant ..
    Why not just lay it on the attic floor .. the joists are much closer together than the straps are and nothing will ever be falling. So it must be strapped?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast