Help with HVAC-CALC home owner load calcualtion - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For houses OF is a typical outdoor design condition in TO area, for a commercial building they would use -3F.
    I used -1 as a defalut in the program and got 45417 BTUH heat lose. So now I'm positive I don't need more than a 60.
    A new furnace will move more air, more air in same ducts means more noise
    Isn't it what the variable speed motor in Bryant 355AAV for? To be adjusted to the right air flow? By the way the more I read about Rheem the more I like it. I started from York modulating. It seems like Rheem RGFD can be a good match. Shouldn't it handle the air flow problems even better? One thing that put me off a little is that for some reasong Rheem is not that popular in Canada comparing to Goodman and various Carrier brands. I'm afraid that there could be a problem to find contractors if this one goes out of business or find parts.

(without a ventilation upgrade)
    thanks for the explanation, but what does it actually do? Does it bring fresh air from the outside? If yes, is this the job the furnace installer can do?

Thanks

With a new furnace the right amount of air is to do with what is needed for your furnace to operate safely and efficiently, not what is needed to keep it quiet. The new furnaces by design, need to move upwards to 50% more air than old furnaces. The older furnaces were designed to heat up the air by 90 to 100F. New ones more like 50 to 70F.

heat out put is based on 1.08 x CFM(airflow) x temperature rise across the furnace

I sold rheem for years in Canada, they had the mod furnaces out 11 years ago.

Ventilation upgrade is something your furnace installer can do.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Angry

The new furnace will most likely be noisier. I can end up with condensation problems. On top of that the importance of the right sizing and contractor job. Can somebody tell me why I'm replacing a working furnace with the new one?

That sounded wrong. I'm thankful for all the input I've got. I was actually questioning my own decision. When I decided to replace the furnace I was looking for noise reduction comfort and efficiency. From what I'm getting here I can make things even worse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12