+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rheem-Lennox-York-Amana-Tempstar?

Post Likes

Confused Rheem-Lennox-York-Amana-Tempstar?

We have a Lennox Pulse that is 18 years old. The heat exchanger is still good but with the 30% tax credit available this year we're thinking now's the time to replace it before it fails.

We've looked at the Lennox G71 modulating, the York Affinity modulating, the Amana AMV90 - the Tempstar VS95 - and will also be looking at a Rheem modulating version as well.

Our current furnace is an 80kBTU which has worked well and which is what was sized for us.

Does anyone out there have any information regarding these options? My current thoughts are to go with one of the modulating versions. With these brands should the lowest cost be a deciding factor? Or is one or more of these models head and shoulders above the others.

Thanks for any help!

Post Likes
    of the modulating furnaces, I'm familiar with the rheem and the york, and I think the operations of the rheem is better. It runs long and low cycles, and only increases firing rate when the temp drifts from setpoint. The york operates on a time based logarithim, and will reach full throtle almost every time it fires up.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in