Thread: Cat trouble

Cat trouble

I got this service call this summer and we had been having some serious rain when i got to the job i kept hearing this meowing from "somewhere" so i looked around and saw that this cat had fallen thru a grate for a elec company transformer vault and it had a few feet of water in it. Theres nothing like picking elec comps lock and getting next to 1580 volts to save a cat lol if we waited for the elec comp that cat would not be alive he or she could barely even hold his or her head up above the water :-( wife came and took the cat to the vet cat is fine now.

got a pic of the cat without snot on him? i am thinking no more dogs..cat next time

and they say us hvac guys are heartless pricks...oh wait thats my wife sorry

cat trouble

should take pictures of the vault and show them to the towns code officer maby he or she can make the power company fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by chrishvacman View Post
    I got this service call this summer and we had been having some serious rain when i got to the job i kept hearing this meowing from "somewhere" so i looked around and saw that this cat had fallen thru a grate for a elec company transformer vault and it had a few feet of water in it. Theres nothing like picking elec comps lock and getting next to 1580 volts to save a cat lol if we waited for the elec comp that cat would not be alive he or she could barely even hold his or her head up above the water :-( wife came and took the cat to the vet cat is fine now.

did you notice the no parking fire lane sign

Those signs don't apply to ac techs. We're special ya know.
    I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, and too old to take an ass whoopin

Awwww

Would it change your attitude about the rescue if you knew that neighborhood distribution transformers are usually at least 13K -15K volts line to line, around 7000 line to gound on the high side?

These are 1580v I am very aware of the danger. I have seen some bad things happen with voltage like that, not to me but some guys who were never the same and some guys that didn't walk away from the job.

Good job chrishvacman. Being an animal lover of all animals (no, not a PITA type), it's good to see such kindness extended to the sometimes disliked feline world. (I have two of the four cats we got from a shelter left. The other two died of old age.)
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by duckman373 View Post
    Those signs don't apply to ac techs. We're special ya know.
    not to hijack this thread but years ago i got a call during a blizzard and it was a state of emergancy. that means only emergancy vehicals are aloud on the road. i declined the call and the next morning the dispatcher told me i should have gone because we are considered emergancy officials.