Who makes the best gas grille ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by REECHMAN View Post
    I tried a gas grill, hated it because of the flare ups. In fact, I had to run to the store wile grilling one day left the woman folk in charge of the grill. Got home and all the meat was burnt and the porch was black with smoke. I have been using charcoal in my weber ever since. How do you eliminate flare ups? I don't want to babysit my pit.
    You stay with the grill and have a small water squirt bottle.
    Part of grilling is relaxing with the fire. If you are busy you should just sear it in a pan and microwave it.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    You stay with the grill and have a small water squirt bottle.
    Part of grilling is relaxing with the fire. If you are busy you should just sear it in a pan and microwave it.
    Sorry, I can't stand there for an hour or more with a squirt bottle. Also I think the meat is so much better with real wood smoke. I do however like gas grills for quick grilling burgers and steaks. I still want to know how they wont flare with all the air gaps.

Use an old BD Wait here, 40thou, 2 burner
    Its pretty old but has a new CI burner in it
    We barbeque all winter

I got this barbeque in exchange for a debt I was owed over 15 years ago
    It has the flat heat brick about 1/4" thick in small squares which lay on the rack above the fire so no lava rock
    I hand lite it with my Zippo from underneath all the time it has peizo lighter but never use it as no more electrode it wasfinally to old.
    Remember: Murphy's Law,
    Newtons Law of Gravity, Einsteins Theory of Relativity..then you won't go to far wrong.

I just ditched my LAST gas grill and went ceramic. My only reget is that I did not do it sooner. Flare ups?? Not anymore. cook steaks at 700 degrees with just a "kiss" of flame.
    Local 234
    Have Gauge$ Will Travel

what is a ceramic grill?

what's a ceramic grill ?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck65 View Post
    I just ditched my LAST gas grill and went ceramic. My only reget is that I did not do it sooner. Flare ups?? Not anymore. cook steaks at 700 degrees with just a "kiss" of flame.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    what's a ceramic grill ?

PHM
    -------
    The most common one is the " Big Green Egg" There are others of the same type but differ in style. " Grill Dome ".. " Primo".... They are basically multi funtion outdoor cookers. They will smoke , bake, roast, sear, and grill. Temperature can be controlled and held from as low as 225* for low and slow smoking,to as high as 700* for searing steaks. They are pretty much love em or hate em. Plenty of info on the net. check out the "eggheads " thread in the food and grill forum.
    Local 234
    Have Gauge$ Will Travel

Quote Originally Posted by HVACnoob2010 View Post
    Well the grill will be a little bit of a learning process, LOL in the winter (-5 Degrees C here) it is harder to keep temp up so it will take longer......however the steaks were great. Zero flare up, no burnt spots and tasted great. Overall very happy with the grill. I will be purchasing the cleaning kit and thermometer.
    One thing to remember with this grill, you cook by time. Resist the temptation to open the top to check on the food. Everytime you open it up, you have to add 5 to 10 more minutes of cook time.
    Check out the Holland website if you haven't already, lots of good cooking tips.

By the way, If you like frozen pizza, this grill will cook it to perfection. About halfway through the recommended time, quickly open the top and rotate the pizza 90 degrees to evenly cook the crust.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Its time for a new Natural gas grill and i have read through this thread. Any other thoughts or recommendations? My cheap Brinkman has had it and I would like a grill that will last but not break the bank.
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

I googled 'best gas grill' under $1000.00 and it came up with the weber genesis E330 as a top rated pick.

Ordered it from rainbowappliance.com yesterday. It has a sear burner and I am very excited to get it....customers who own them have all rated them 5 stars!!

I got this in my e-mail box this morning, I don't own one, nor have I even seen one, but this looks pretty nice for the price

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cStoreNum=1273
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Do not buy from Big Box Stores -

Everything they have is made-to-their-cheap-order specs. What they sell is not what you think it is.

DeWalt in Home Depot or Lowes is NOT the DeWalt purchased in a genuine tool supply.

Neither are the grilles. Check the model numbers.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I got this in my e-mail box this morning, I don't own one, nor have I even seen one, but this looks pretty nice for the price

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cStoreNum=1273
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by REECHMAN View Post
    I tried a gas grill, hated it because of the flare ups. In fact, I had to run to the store wile grilling one day left the woman folk in charge of the grill. Got home and all the meat was burnt and the porch was black with smoke. I have been using charcoal in my weber ever since. How do you eliminate flare ups? I don't want to babysit my pit.
    I have never heard of anyone who grills leaving while it while still cooking on it, gas,wood or charcoal. If you cook on a grill you are commited to it until the food is done ,period.

Grill

I bought a tech grill infared type it is not cheap but lasts forever and cooks fast

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast