Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Who makes the best gas grille ?

I was totally F'ed by Charbroil with their stainless steel crap. They suck as a company and their customer service is zero. Bunch of scamming lowlifes.

Anyway - I have been thinking about a BroilMaster. Anybody have one? And if so; tell me what you think.

Or; does anybody have any alternate suggestions?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Weber grills. Have had three gas ones not because I wore them out just upgrading. I gave away my old ones and they are still grilling fine. You can go to any hardware store if you do need parts. I have worked with customer service and would give them an A+. I also have a Weber kettle 20 years old a little ruff but I would still put parts into it.

Agreed. Weber gives me the most even temp distribution and is built more rugged to withstand the elements better

Check out Holland Grills:

http://www.hollandgrill.com/index.cfm?

We've been selling them for 15 years or so - cast iron burner, no flame up guarantee. I've had mine at home for 13 years and have only replaced the drip pan ($50) once. You can order them online or I can ship you one if you want.

Tell me more about Holland -

How much for an Epic?

How much for an Apex?

Do they come with a rotisserie?

How can they be OK with 13K total BTU's when my present grill is 32K and most come with 36K or more?

Where are you?

How much is shipping to 08080?

Thanks!

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by gasser65 View Post
    Check out Holland Grills:

http://www.hollandgrill.com/index.cfm?

We've been selling them for 15 years or so - cast iron burner, no flame up guarantee. I've had mine at home for 13 years and have only replaced the drip pan ($50) once. You can order them online or I can ship you one if you want.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    How much for an Epic?

How much for an Apex?

Do they come with a rotisserie?

How can they be OK with 13K total BTU's when my present grill is 32K and most come with 36K or more?

Where are you?

How much is shipping to 08080?

Thanks!

PHM
    ---------
    No pricing talk!!!
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma

I tried a gas grill, hated it because of the flare ups. In fact, I had to run to the store wile grilling one day left the woman folk in charge of the grill. Got home and all the meat was burnt and the porch was black with smoke. I have been using charcoal in my weber ever since. How do you eliminate flare ups? I don't want to babysit my pit.

Quote Originally Posted by REECHMAN View Post
    I tried a gas grill, hated it because of the flare ups. In fact, I had to run to the store wile grilling one day left the woman folk in charge of the grill. Got home and all the meat was burnt and the porch was black with smoke. I have been using charcoal in my weber ever since. How do you eliminate flare ups? I don't want to babysit my pit.
    You stay with the grill and have a small water squirt bottle.
    Part of grilling is relaxing with the fire. If you are busy you should just sear it in a pan and microwave it.

Use an old BD Wait here, 40thou, 2 burner
    Its pretty old but has a new CI burner in it
    We barbeque all winter

I got this barbeque in exchange for a debt I was owed over 15 years ago
    It has the flat heat brick about 1/4" thick in small squares which lay on the rack above the fire so no lava rock
    I hand lite it with my Zippo from underneath all the time it has peizo lighter but never use it as no more electrode it wasfinally to old.
    Remember: Murphy's Law,
    Newtons Law of Gravity, Einsteins Theory of Relativity..then you won't go to far wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by REECHMAN View Post
    I have never heard of anyone who grills leaving while it while still cooking on it, gas,wood or charcoal. If you cook on a grill you are commited to it until the food is done ,period.

I like my VermontCasting
    If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    I like my VermontCasting
    I also like my VC and got sold on it since my brother in law had one. I would have liked to get a Weber but the VC 5 burner was on sale. I don't however like the grills since they seem hard to clean so I bought some 304 stainless 1/4" rod and welded my own. Turned out so well my brother in law asked that I make him some also.

From their site

A note about Stainless Steel: You might notice in your research that our stainless grill uses 13,000 btu's and the aluminum grills are set for over 19,000 btu. For an explanation of this, we sought out the advice of our crack service department technical advisors. Here's what they say: "BTU rating are simply a calculation based primarily on gas pressure & orifice size, or the amount & type of gas burning per hour. (heat output per hour). Since stainless steel retains heat better than the other grill materials, it requires less gas to heat SS grills to the same temperature, therefore SS grills are intentionally designed with a slightly smaller orifice in the gas valve than black grills. You could say that SS grills get better "gas mileage" than black grills. All full sized Holland grills, no matter which material, are designed to heat to the SAME temperature. It is TEMPERATURE that cooks your food, not BTU's." Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks Dan!

That being said, I like the box for wood chips, but I'm a loyal Weber user.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast