Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    yeah he does! I think we need to hook him up with ON CALL!
    i worked past 200 pm today, that is worse than on call

I WILL NEVER GO ON CALL AGAIN!!!

This is why I will never work for another hvac company again...I will leave the trade first.

I will not work for a company that won't compensate me well for my time away from my family and most won't compensate me what I think its worth.

This is a large reason why I went into business for myself, if I am doing the work I get all the money works out for me!

Rant over.......

CW.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

I am on call 12 days a month. Of those 12 days, I am on one solid week of 7 days and the other 5 days are scattered through out the month. Only one weekend every month falling on my 7 day stretch. Double Time. Port to Port.

Commercial refrigeration (supermarkets) can be very predictable as in being very unpredictable. Anything will happen and it will happen at every unimaginable hour under any kinds of weather and it's always about panic since money is on the line in product loss. Rack mechanics understand this crazy life and trying to describe it to others, they think were being dramatic for the most part. I will just say, being on call for grocery stores is extremely demanding.

About 3 months ago I was on for over 17-20 days a month on average, did that for the last 3 years, and finally just threw a temper tantrum about it and got the office to change things around. I live out in the sticks so, our service area out this way is much more broad and expansive geographically than in the metro area so it kinda comes with living out this way. But 17-20 days was just too much. It's been 3 months with the new schedule and my god what a difference. It's like having a different job.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234