spray on bed liners

im looking at a "new" truck. 2007 F-150 They let me take it home for the weekend to decide if i like it. Only issue i have found is the bed liner is after market. For the front tie downs they cut holes and the back they did not bother so it lumps out. If i buy the truck i will remove the bed liner and may go for the spray on type. I am thinking Line-X Any one else have this done? how much? do u like it? I have seen the do-it yourself ones and they look like poo.

I had Rhino liner sprayed in. I think it was around $450. I cut it pretty good loading a Goodman package unit on with fork lift, they fixed it for free. It looks better and most thinks wont slide.

A new 2007?
    Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. (William Blake)

My pops and my bro in law both have linex sprayed in. Tough as nails and looks good too. Both got them as a part of the deal when they bought their trucks.

I had the linex put in my truck when i bought it new..got a deal through the dealership for $330 over the rail. I would recommend doing the over the rail option. Looks great and I can still slide things in and out fairly easy.

LineX, in 2001 still looks brand new. Some idiot tore it ( Fork lift loaded fertilizer, then decided to give it a 'push' ) They fixed for free two years ago, can't tell where they fixed it. LineX is bad enough on the knees, but I can tell you from personal experiance, you won't be kneeling on Rhino. Make sure they pull Bed bolts and pull the service panel for the tailgate, before spraying. BTW, while my truck was new I pulled the bed and seat bolts one by one, and neverseized them. This came in handy, when i took the 60% rear seat out for inside cargo room.

Also be sure and sign up with www.ford-trucks.com

Before trading my old Ford had a liner called Rubber Queen. Never knew why they decided on that name.
    Madhat, that's good advice. I bought a new Chevy and was thinking about a liner for it but didn't know what was good.
    Tracers work both ways.

Got Line -X in all the pick-ups. They did give a hard time on the fix it for free thingy. Said it didn't apply to commercial use.

u have me sold...I was leaning towards line-x but was unsure about tearing and all that. Good idea about the never seize also. I think this truck will last longer than my last one, because it will not have a 22yr old behind the wheel

If you had it since you were 22 you got pretty good service from it.

spray on liner

yo wirenut get the Line-x it's more industrial and looks better if you call line-x's national # they mail you 2 samples one is the line-x the other looks like cottage cheese, they tell you to vigorously rub the line-x sample against the other one guess what the line-x easily scratches and scuffs the competiters.

I have a Rhino liner on my 2001 dakota which is over the rail and I have had a cap on the truck since month #-2 it looks like "COTTAGE-CHEESE"
    my brother has a F-150 with the Line-X it looks SOOOO much better.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Make sure they pull Bed bolts and pull the service panel [/url]
    i have seen it with and without the bed bolts pulled....why pull them? for drainage? easy removal for repairs? I am assuming to have the tie down points on the side of the bed also pulled.

As the rubber spacers under the bed age you'll need to tighten them. The truck bed will make an annoying popping sound when it gets cold. Also I ended up semi-pulling the bed on my LD F-250, and replacing all the Rubber spacers, with Polyurathane spacers. Overloaded with tools and servicing remote Com. sites was rough on the truck. BTW the Ford LD F-250 was something Ford should have never built. That's coming from a Ford fan, too.

If you cut around they bolts, you void the entire bed liner warranty.

Id just put a bed mat down and let it ride.