Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chiller job from a few years back.

Installed these chillers a few years back. Now we preform the maintenance on them. Just fixed a leak last week on the first chiller.
    http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/r...57_128947_.jpg

Neat!

Us guys that only see "little" stuff would love to see more of the other side of the biz! Keep the pictures of these big monsters coming!

Those carriers might rum better is they were painted mediteranian blue. Then the york spirit would soak in. just kidding. Looks like a real clean install. Plenty of clearance for stop majors

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Neat!

Us guys that only see "little" stuff would love to see more of the other side of the biz! Keep the pictures of these big monsters coming!
    Thats not a big monster. This is a semi big monster,
    Name:  200807081634_170.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  120.5 KB

Name:  200807081634_168.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  98.7 KB

Name:  200807081635_172.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  91.7 KB

I do mainly residential installation and service along with light commercial. I hope one day I can work on something like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by alliedtech12887 View Post
    Installed these chillers a few years back. Now we preform the maintenance on them. Just fixed a leak last week on the first chiller.
    http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/r...57_128947_.jpg
    Nice plant. Are those 19XRV's?
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by yorktek37 View Post
    Those carriers might rum better is they were painted mediteranian blue. Then the york spirit would soak in. just kidding. Looks like a real clean install. Plenty of clearance for stop majors
    I visited a plant yesterday that had three Carrier 19XL's converted with York drives and the Optiview panel. They also had a further mod that allowed the operator to run 55 degree tower water during winter operation, without oil hanging up in the condenser. I was very impressed with the entire conversion, and especially the Optiview panel.

We are considering doing something similar with our 19XR's.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Here's some big ones I found on google:

I wish I had some pics of a machine that we work on at one of the universities. There are 2 steam drive units. One is 6000 Tons and the other is 8000 Tons. Just the coupling is worth $75k.They are York machines. Could you imagine punching the tubes on that
    There are alot of conversions out there with the York Drives with the optiview. They work so well. I have heard of some Trane vsd machines that they removed the trane controls and vsd's and retrofitted with york.
    A few years back we had an electrician rewire the motor on one and spun it backwards. Did not even confirm rotation. Think the bill on that one was in excess of $300k. And the most screwed up part about it is they didn't even fire the guy.

Just do primarily supermarket stuff these days. Sure miss the good old days when I did the big daddys!!
    Any job big or small,do it right, or not at all !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    Here's some big ones I found on google:

Those Trane Duplex machines are incredible. I was in LaCrosse for a class last fall and they were building 50 of them for an indoor fully air conditioned golf course in Dubai.

Nice work, however unlike the rest of these knuckleheads i dont miss that bull work for a second.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I remember all the heavy work involved with these....I remember the best part of the job was when it was finally DONE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast