Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by cool breeze va View Post
    Hey, atleast thats heavy. The lazy fools who leave contactors and smaller items are the roof are... (add your comment here) They they give you the responce.. I left it so someone else knows what was changed. Sorry but thats a lame excuse.
    Yep. It's usually a sign of what to expect inside the unit too. Lazy on the outside are usually lazy on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by drpsr99 View Post
    nice gauges!
    What's wrong with his gauges?

One place I used to service had 7 dead 2 tons sitting around, 4 or 5 of the 600 volt fan motors and a few battered blades kicking around, contactor, 600 to 120 V xfmrs, not to mention all the leftover pieces of cleat and duct scraps piled by the roof hatch...Basically the same lazy A$$ (former boss) was the only guy servicing it for about 15 years and he never took anything down.
    Not to mention it was also a nightclub so it was closed during the day when we worked on it there was no one around and the owner was a friend of his so he helped himself to the reach in cooler full of beer, and vodka coolers, and he would even go behind the bar and mix himself up drinks....Needless to say all the empties on the roof would have paid my wages for 2 weeks....And I never touched the stuff during working hours, that is why I had to do all the driving.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Not a problem - gravity is your friend.
    I was changing a five horse Coplemetic back in the late eighties up on a three story building that bordered on a swamp. When we were done, we dragged the old one over to the edge and pushed it over on to what we thought was a grassy spot at the rear of the building. It turned out it was grass over mud and the thing buried itself about two feet into the muck. When we got done laughing, we did our best to pry it loose, to no avail. We thought about putting a strap around it and pulling it out with the truck, but it was way too soft to drive across. We finally gave up and gave it a "proper" burial by filling in the hole it made with dirt. Thankfully, it had gotten pretty dark by then and no one saw us. I bet it's stilll there to this day.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

My "Pet Peeve" is belts left on the roof. Was up on a high/low roof, at night, that I was unfamilar with and tripped over a freakin belt, did the full splat on the roof. tools going everywhere. Next day I called the Boss and told him to conference call the Maintenance Tech. Did a full 10 min. chew out. Boss called me right back, and said "damn, wished I had of recorded that for future use!"

We had a guy almost cut his hand in two tripping over a contactor, while removing a panel. He was the one who'd left the contactor there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillerWisperer View Post
    I was changing a five horse Coplemetic back in the late eighties up on a three story building that bordered on a swamp. When we were done, we dragged the old one over to the edge and pushed it over on to what we thought was a grassy spot at the rear of the building. It turned out it was grass over mud and the thing buried itself about two feet into the muck. When we got done laughing, we did our best to pry it loose, to no avail. We thought about putting a strap around it and pulling it out with the truck, but it was way too soft to drive across. We finally gave up and gave it a "proper" burial by filling in the hole it made with dirt. Thankfully, it had gotten pretty dark by then and no one saw us. I bet it's stilll there to this day.
    I was working with someone and he threw a condenser motor off the roof near the dumpster, it hit the Dempsi/dumpster quieting pad and bounced up, right thru a window. Place was high security too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123