Work Situation In SW Florida?

I was hoping someone might know how the HVAC job situation is in the Ft. Myers area?,i am entry level. I am from there and would like to move back but if there's no work i might as well stay here in phoenix till FL gets better. I see a decent amount of jobs during my online searches but you also see alot out here in AZ,problem is there are 1500 people out here for every damn job listing. Thank's if anyone knows.

Unhappy Ft. Myers

Quote Originally Posted by dnl View Post
    I was hoping someone might know how the HVAC job situation is in the Ft. Myers area?,i am entry level. I am from there and would like to move back but if there's no work i might as well stay here in phoenix till FL gets better. I see a decent amount of jobs during my online searches but you also see alot out here in AZ,problem is there are 1500 people out here for every damn job listing. Thank's if anyone knows.
    They're ain't nothing here!!!! If you have a job in AZ, stay there and ENJOY!! Housing foreclosure rate here is the top or second in the nation. Probably be about 3-4 years before this area rebounds. I live here now and wish I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhweller View Post
    They're ain't nothing here!!!! If you have a job in AZ, stay there and ENJOY!! Housing foreclosure rate here is the top or second in the nation. Probably be about 3-4 years before this area rebounds. I live here now and wish I didn't.
    Sad thing is it's worse out here than there,it got bad there way before it hit out here. I don't have a job out here,nobody is hiring unless you have 5+ years experience. Hope you find something,i see a decent amount of stuff on craigslist for the Ft Myers area. Atleast it's alot compared to whats out here which is pretty damn sad.

The biggest mech contractor in Fort Myers just laid off a whole bunch of people in all trades, not sure exactly how many HVAC, but quite a few from what I hear. Resi techs are all hurting due to the huge downturn in construction. Like Oldhweller said, times are tough here.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!