Misery in Missouri

Anyone with any positive information on the job situation here is Missouri? How about negative? I'd just like to hear from Missouri techs and what they have to say about their situation these last two years. I've been with the same company for over 4 years, but my hours have been nothing and I've been on temp unemployment for many months at a time. Not yet a Journeyman, so switching to a new company is out. The one's that are hiring now & then all need a licensed Journeyman with over 5 or 8 years experience. So I'm just trying to weather the storm-or the calm-if you will.

Trane out there

all 4 offices in Missouri are looking for guys on HVAC AGENT great op.with some experience walking in there..unless your union and there not
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

I'm from that area. Grew up around arnold/JC among other areas. Where do you work?
    St. Louis is a tight job market for HVAC, probably due to so many tech schools just cranking out HVAC students. But there are jobs out there. Just keep applying yourself.

My company is always looking for people. Long drives and some overnighters too. But it's a job.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=287502
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Thanks for the info. I'm living in Arnold Mo. Work for Kovac County Refrigeration. Been there for almost 5 years, but still maybe a year away from getting my Journeymans license. The last 2 years has been bad and I've been on unemployment a lot. I'm a little scared to change companies without first getting my license. I'm 48 and have gotten used to service work. Don't want to get lost in a big company and/or getting stuck doing installs all the time. Why the long drives with your company? If I got hired by ACS what could I generally expect to be doing? Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by tipsrfine View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm living in Arnold Mo. Work for Kovac County Refrigeration. Been there for almost 5 years, but still maybe a year away from getting my Journeymans license. The last 2 years has been bad and I've been on unemployment a lot. I'm a little scared to change companies without first getting my license. I'm 48 and have gotten used to service work. Don't want to get lost in a big company and/or getting stuck doing installs all the time. Why the long drives with your company? If I got hired by ACS what could I generally expect to be doing? Anyway, thanks for the reply.
    I saw your pic. You look familiar.

At ACS we do commercial. Are Territory is large. We cover all off Ill., Ar, Mo.,Ks., Some of In., Ia., Tn., and Ok., We have techs all over in a lot of these states. But where we don't have techs, we may have to drive up to 3-4 hrs. for a service call. It's not unusual for a St. Louis tech to have to drive to Indiana or Poplar Bluff.

We are a somewhat small co. But do have a high turn over rate cause some techs get tired of the drives and overnighters. But you get paid for driving.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.