Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Floridian Folly

Re: Delta is right!

Originally posted by James 3528
    Some of you are reading too much into this. Like he said it is not residential. True it is a pile of $hit, but resorts and motels can do things like this and get away with it. It is probably temporary and was put there as a emergency because of booking the conference room, then making a better fix later..

That place is 40 miles from me and if you lose your air, you do what ever you have to to get it back up and sometimes that is with a carppenter/electrician/painter/hvacguy/plumber that makes $8.50 a hour. Based on that hypothesis, they did perdy good and got what they paid for and probably did not get sued by a group of old retired AARP people from New Jersey that rented the area.

I got a call from Ramada one time to do the plywood thing for their laundry room. The big chiller was down and people refused to come to work. Paid me for 2 5 ton package units that they used for 3 months and then told me to remove them and I could have them for doing it. Cha Ching $$
    Who could turn that down then?

A. You know it is not your normal work and you can and do better work on a consistant basis.
    B. It is temp and every one knows it. I would hang a sign on it saying something about it is a part of an emergencey responce package that your company can offer.
    C. Hell you got the untis back and can resale them again. That place may call you again and you would have sold the same 2 units 2 times each to the same place and made your normal profit each time.

floridiot...

James, his name was Bo Russell, He may be in law enforcement in that Area.

They should shut this place down.

It`s temp. Their ain`t no paint on the plywood. Look at the reflection in the window and landscaping around the unit and how clean the area is.

So if it's temporary why not just charge an exorbitant rental fee rather than selling them a unit temporarily? That's what I would do. Of cours, I'd make sure the rental fee was enough to cover installation & removal costs & the like.
    WHY?

Wink

Heh, no wonder plywood prices are going thru the roof.

OK, let's set the record straight...when those of us from God's country (the South) say, "We don't care how you do it up north!", it isn't so we can do work like this.

Hmm

i work in jacksonville and sometimes at this site. the local lightbubl changers did this. they didn't want to spend the money on replacing the original unit. been this way for months.

They let electricians drop in units there? Those resorts get away with a lot of stuff.

I have worked around there also but at private houses.

[Edited by James 3528 on 12-14-2003 at 01:18 PM]

Originally posted by carriertech
    i work in jacksonville and sometimes at this site. the local lightbubl changers did this. they didn't want to spend the money on replacing the original unit. been this way for months.
    You are kidding me, right? They didn't want to spend money to replace the original unit? Shoot, the fees they charged MSCA alone could have replaced that unit hundreds of times! What a joke...
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Hmm

yep, its a place that charges hundreds to thousands of dollars a night for a room but no money for mechanical work. typical hotel chain. you should see the chillers in this place.

Many of these places run near broke because the owners rob the cash registers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast