Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Psychrometric Calculator in Excel

Hi, I have logs of DB (DegC) and %RH from a site in Excel and would like to get the Moisture Content in g/KG DA.
    I have looked at a couple of evaluation copies of Psych software but they will not do what I want.
    Does anyone have an excel calc or recommendation for (preferably free!) software - this is a bit of a one off for me and don't really want to invest loads!.
    I am also in the UK so would really like SI but can always convert if required.

Many Thanks in Advance,
    gnomethang

Post Likes
    Check out this site , they had 1 that worked in EXCEL 2007

http://search.wareseeker.com/rh-to-metric-conversion/

And its all FREE

Post Likes
    Thanks - I had a look but this isnt quite what I am after. I have a long list of data in Excel and want to spit out the MC for each instance of DB/RH - All in Excel so that I can then manipulate the data.
    gnomethang

Post Likes
    www.handsdownsoftware.com

stumbled upon this...................was looking for something else

somewhere there is a link to Trane psychrometric progam, can't find the freekin' thing.............
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    have you looked at

engineeringtoolbox

Post Likes

Post Likes
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=502962

Click on "Psychrometric Calculator".

The humidity ratio in lb moisture per lb dry air is listed about midway down the properties table.
    Last edited by hvacrmedic; 04-10-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Post Likes
    trane.com has a great calculator and it's free to download but it's not excel based. you just move your cursor over a point on the psyc chart and the information is on the left.

Post Likes
    Wasn't able to upload and excel file so I emailed it to you. Not sure if it is what you are looking for I made it up real quick but it should do the trick.

Post Likes
    Travis,
    Thanks a million for that. I have taken a quick peek and it is exactly what I need. All I need to do now is get my data in as a standard format and macro the graph.

Thanks again,

Barry
    gnomethang

Post Likes
    Glad to hear it was what you needed. If you ever need a Commissioning Agent across the pond let me know.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomethang View Post
    Hi, I have logs of DB (DegC) and %RH from a site in Excel and would like to get the Moisture Content in g/KG DA.
    I have looked at a couple of evaluation copies of Psych software but they will not do what I want.
    Does anyone have an excel calc or recommendation for (preferably free!) software - this is a bit of a one off for me and don't really want to invest loads!.
    I am also in the UK so would really like SI but can always convert if required.

Many Thanks in Advance,
    Just looked at this thread.

I see that someone already helped you out.

But I thought that perhaps you or anyone else interested might find a use for an Excel workbook I made up. Which calculates various psychrometric values of air.

Sorry, its not in SI. But it does utilize VBA functions which should be easy enough to understand and modify.

The entire workbook is protected, but just turn protection off if you want to look at the formulas and calculations. No password required.

Its located on my area of Microsoft's SkyDrive, in a public area. I just started figuring out how to use SkyDrive, and whether or not I want to. If it seems to work out okay, I may move a lot of stuff onto it that I want to make available to others.

The link (let me know if it works):
    http://cid-0554c074ec47c396.skydrive...metricCalc.xls
    A site where I stash some stuff that might be interesting to some folks.
    http://cid-0554c074ec47c396.office.l...e.aspx/.Public

Post Likes
    link worked fine

good to see you back with us

I run across some of your old stuff on scribd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast