Mobil TXV bulb Tane XE1000 Heat Pump

Does anyone have any idea why a tech would take out txv bulb from inside the air handler unit, and mount it outside the unit on the suction line, claiming that it would help repair a problem of the heat pump not Dehumidifiing?

In this case I was told that the coil on the inside air handler was dry and it was not suppose to be. That placing the TXV bulb outside the air handler in a new location would fix that problem.

If this bulb is to blame is it letting too much Freon get in? or not enough Freon getting in?

There was mention about moving the bulb to a warmer spot, Does that restrict the amount of freeon? or increases the flow? Why would the suction line be considered a "warmer" spot?

The txv bulb normally sits on the internal part of the suction line does it not?

grr...Trying to answer without being DIY

Your evaporator when operating properly will help aide in the dehumidification of your house.

In order to do that it must be evaporating properly. In order to do THAT it must have a properly operating metering device. Such as a txv. The bulb should be connected in the proper location, properly with proper insulation.. then checked for proper operation properly. ...by a properly licensed and properly competent proper technician, from a proper company. Properly.
    R-HVAC techs make the world a cool place.

There are many places to mount the bulb and some places are better than others. The ultimate question is: Is it working properly in the new location?

Gee

If you have time please take a look at TXV urgency.

This is the phoenix metro area, do you know of proper tech? Better business organization and contractors licenses were clean on all these techs?

I know it looks enjoyable taking my free time resorting to the internet talking with people I don't know and breathing in swamp cooling air.

Ya gotta read the
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by hoo155 View Post
    If you have time please take a look at TXV urgency.

This is the phoenix metro area, do you know of proper tech? Better business organization and contractors licenses were clean on all these techs?

I know it looks enjoyable taking my free time resorting to the internet talking with people I don't know and breathing in swamp cooling air.
    1st the BBB tells you nothing about much other then the pay $ their dues
    2nd with the infor you have give you got the good answer as good good tech will give with the infor you've you given.

you tell us the High and Low side pressure you Supper heat your Subcool
    your SP & TSP,cfm wet bulb and dry bulb at the return and supply. and May we can tell you something.
    If you help others then you are a Success

phoenix huh? I bet it's hot there. 65 here in Denver, had my furnace on this morning.