Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Reduced capacity on the chiller, not the tower. Evaporation rate goes down as heat input to the condenser water goes down due to running at reduced capacity on the chiller. No matter the load, it takes about 1000 btu's to evaporate one pound of water.

*GPM x deltaT / 30 = condenser tonnage (a small addition to some good info given by Randy)
    Got it !!!!

So we conclude (as stated before) that there is no way in hell this chiller is running at full load, due to evap rate on the tower, but the chiller must be pulling amps to justify a 100% (as stated) readout on the control panel or vanes position, so there is a problem on the chiller or Trane chillers lie, I found this to be true, I knew this chiller was a lier Dont trust it, always use my gauges

Quote Originally Posted by LyJoDrFk View Post
    Got it !!!!

So we conclude (as stated before) that there is no way in hell this chiller is running at full load, due to evap rate on the tower, but the chiller must be pulling amps to justify a 100% (as stated) readout on the control panel or vanes position, so there is a problem on the chiller or Trane chillers lie, I found this to be true, I knew this chiller was a lier Dont trust it, always use my gauges
    Actually, I think you may be going too far, too fast. Buck said that the chiller was running loaded, but there could be any number of reasons for that. Trane's model number gives nominal tonnage, not actual. I'm not positive about the displacement variance on the Tranes, but I would suspect the 600 can be trimmed to around the 450 TR. That would equal approximately 16,200 gallons per day, loaded and w/o any bleed.
    Last edited by klove; 10-03-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Actually, I think you may be going too far, too fast. Buck said that the chiller was running loaded, but there could be any number of reasons for that. Trane's model number gives nominal tonnage, not actual. I'm not positive about the displacement variance on the Tranes, but I would suspect the 600 can be trimmed to around the 450 TR. That would equal approximately 16,200 gallons per day, loaded and w/o any bleed.
    YEAH I know, I jumped the gun a little, Its just that I am a little biased, dont like the brand, dont like the chiller. I am a YORK guy, but, credit were credit is due, Trane has some good chillers but still think York is better. I might get some heat for this!!! JE JE You can tell by the lowercase on my user name.

Thanks for the heads up and great info!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12