York YK maintenance

Do you guys change the compressor sump oil each year or rely on oil analysis?

I do it after the first year. Then do an oil sample every year and change the oil every 3 after that. Due to the fact the were not running in a vacuum and drawin in moisture or at least shouldnt be depending on your running conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacr View Post
    I do it after the first year. Then do an oil sample every year and change the oil every 3 after that. Due to the fact the were not running in a vacuum and drawin in moisture or at least shouldnt be depending on your running conditions.
    This is a good way to keep track that hvacr uses.

My method is 5,000 hours after commissoning, every 30,000 afterwards unless analysis says sooner. All filters yearly. As well as what was mentioned about no air ingress into the machine (except in the event of poor service practice or pure accident), synthetic oil doesn't break down with use as readily as mineral oil.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going fishin so we'll have to continue this discussion on Monday. Have a good weekend.

oil analysis. who do you work for 81?

LT,
    Thanks for the input. I work for one of the larger MC's in central Pa, don't want to say much more than that over an open forum. I tried PMing you but couldn't, I guess you have to be a pro member to receive PM's, you should get signed up so you can receive the other benefits of this great site. Are you from the area?

We don't ever change it but oil analysis is always good, also emptying the seal bottles every few days helps.LOL
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Quote Originally Posted by chillerguy81 View Post
    LT,
    Thanks for the input. I work for one of the larger MC's in central Pa, don't want to say much more than that over an open forum. I tried PMing you but couldn't, I guess you have to be a pro member to receive PM's, you should get signed up so you can receive the other benefits of this great site. Are you from the area?
    i am from the area. work from harrisburg to n.y. and bloomsburg to huntington

Quote Originally Posted by largetonnage View Post
    i am from the area. work from harrisburg to n.y. and bloomsburg to huntington

Ah we're practically neighbors, I'm normally within a two hour radius of H-burg.