Integrating FX15 with NAE

Integrating FX15 with NAE

Did a search, didn't quite unearth this.

Looking at a campus, which has a mish-mash of stuff at each building, including a few buildings with standalone FX15's - just the FX15 and onboard I/O.

Looking toward tying this in to the campus network, can an NAE autodiscover the points and programming in the FX15, over N2 or some other protocol? Or more generally I guess - what's the integration path?

Integration path? N2 or LON* - the FX15s probably have one of these two comm. cards already. While I'm only guessing, autodiscovery of points maybe, of programming, I really doubt it.

* JCI is working on and may have already released a BACnet MSTP comm. card.
    UA LU 562

Quote Originally Posted by dougger View Post
    Did a search, didn't quite unearth this.

Looking at a campus, which has a mish-mash of stuff at each building, including a few buildings with standalone FX15's - just the FX15 and onboard I/O.

Looking toward tying this in to the campus network, can an NAE autodiscover the points and programming in the FX15, over N2 or some other protocol? Or more generally I guess - what's the integration path?

Is there some way to get comm wire to the FX15?
    What kind of comm board does it have in it?
    Get wire to the device from the appropriate network and yes you should be able to discover it.

If the trunk is not off the NAE FC/N2bus then you will more then likely do bacnet integration in the nae from what ever supervisory device you tie the FX too...
    UA Local 141

If the the FX-15 is bacnet you will be able to autodiscover, otherwise you SOL. If it N2 or lon you will need the resource files for the point information.

Thanks folks. Haven't eyeballed any of these myself, so not sure what sort of comm any has...but good info!

Thumbs up

Doing the same thing but with FX20's and 40's into an NAE. Like they said you need the resource files for the LON. However, if they N2 controllers are ASC's you can pull the PRN into Point Schedule and create a database that way. Otherwise you need to import the resource files into PS and assign templates. (this is only if you replace the FX with an NAE)
    If you BACNET discover the FX it's a whole different story.