School Pride: Ferris Granger Center (Page 3)
    Alrighty folks here is the final page, albeit delayed for a good reason. Construction crews were basically finished up with exterior construction about the same time that Michigan trees were at their peak color, and Ferris did some landscaping around the still-not-quite-done-on-the-inside building. Perfect time to take some shots of Granger's exterior.

Here is the front entry way. The big glass wall to the right of the door is the mechanical room pictured on Page 2. The big glass wall directly in front is the attrium. (Page 1)

This is the backside of the building. You can clearly see our funny looking roof. Everything below that is the attrium and the walls are all glass all around. If you look closely, sitting to the right of that tree there you'll see our tiny cooling tower for our energy lab. The energy lab is right behind the tower on the second floor. (Page 2)

And now ladies and gentlemen... ARIAL PHOTOS!!!

I have this teacher (Mr. Lafferty) with an airplane. He looks for every excuse to go flying. So, I grabbed the digital camera and up we went. This shot is of the front of the building, looking southeast.

Here is an arial of the backside, looking southwest. Isn't Michigan beautiful this time of year?!? I tell you it was a real treat to be in the air to catch this. I know there aren't that many trees in the pics but the whole landscape while we were in the air was awesome!

HEY! THAT ISN'T EXTERIOR! I know, but I wanted to show you some of the progress on the inside as well. This pic is of one of the furnace and boiler rows in our fossil fuel lab, pictured on Page 2. Since I posted that page, we managed to get every furnace on that row functioning. (Not to mention the room is a little cleaner now...) Lafferty insisted upon having every flue the exact same height and angle. Turned out nice. This particular row is the one I have been working on with a fellow classmates. We installed everything seen, except the boilers which are a different class.

Speaking of progress, I've noticed that some of the pipes in pages 1 and 2 are still cream colored. Well, most of them have been painted by now, and the wall between the old building and new addition finally fell. (Although what is beyond it is still hardhat, and renovations continue.)

Granger will be completed in November. Dedication will be in May. If anybody is close and/or wants to travel up to see it, I'll have a dedication invitation sent to you if you want to send me some contact info.

To look at the other pages of photos of Granger, click Page 1 or Page 2.

And that is all for the Granger posts! Hope you have enjoyed!
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -Aristotle

[ deleted by Boss

thero -

as I warned you on Oct. 26th - you are gone for a week.

Hopefully during that time you will adjust your attitude and start to treat your fellow members here with more respect.

It is a good site, please don't abuse it.

Thank you

Boss
    ]

No misspellings here...

Sorry thero, it's Granger, named after Alton and Janice Granger who donated $1 million for its construction. Mr. Granger is the chairman of Granger Construction Company; a company that has been very loyal to Ferris over the years and hired many of our grads. They are the ones building the facility. I double checked the spelling just to make sure.

[Edited by gschra11 on 11-02-2003 at 04:38 PM]
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Wow.

My old stomping ground that I don't even recoginze.

I think I'm getting old. Damn