Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Talking

I See this an think of Jeff Foxworthy saying
    "If yer brother just got himself a new hvac system and needs yer help to park it.... You just might be a red neck.

Shouldn't that electric cord be in a conduit?

Looks like the ducts are sealed at least, but the weather proofing terp could be up-dated a bit!

Welcome to my first post.
    Whats wrong with you guys, don't you know a mobile outside boiler when you see one?

It runs on gas, oil, transmission fluid, wood, landfill left over, dinner scraps, and poo from 3 different kind of pigs.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by geno54
    Is That an "A" coil on top?
    lol

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Sleeth
    [B]This was sent to me by Reak, thanks Chris! Notice the clever use of the ladder as the "duct support". Hey, who needs the big ladder, it's only a one story house!

don

[Edited by ravenx on 12-24-2004 at 01:48 AM]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ravenx
    [B]
    Originally posted by Don Sleeth
    This was sent to me by Reak, thanks Chris! Notice the clever use of the ladder as the "duct support". Hey, who needs the big ladder, it's only a one story house!

I've seen these units before. They went out of production in the mid 80's when the auto maker / enviromental speciality company fell on hard times. With the tires and shocks left on, you could qualify for an extra ten percent off your home owners "earth quake" insurance. These options made the unit highly stable in fault areas. The extension cord provides power to the hi limit control, and was the very first use of side impact air bag deployment systems. If the unit gets too hot, the limit opens, making the horn honk, and the tail lights flash. This deployed the air bags, and pushed open either the driver or passenger doors to "cool her off a bit". The only draw back was that this safety feature was a manual reset, meaning the doors had to be closed by "Bubba" after the occurence. This was the companies only known attempt at packaged units with the standard "roof mounted" A coil,(notice the the pvc drain line by the left rear door). The aluminum ladder configuration has been recognized by the prestigous HVAC Historical Society as some of the first "flex duct" ever produced. I'm sure you all recognize the manufacturer by now. These were the original "CHRYSLER AIR TEMP" prototypes.

[Edited by ravenx on 12-24-2004 at 02:34 AM]

Im really surprised at you all. Dont you recognize a Whiskey distilling plant when you see one? The ducting is camouflage for the plumbing going into the basement. The large collecting vat must be the size of an outdoor above ground pool. Yes sir that baby must be producing about 10,000 gallons a day. LOL
    That presumed A coil housing on top of the Van looks suspicious or is it a pyramid? If nothing else, the extension ladder support for the duct is ingenious. I am speechless.
    I am now overcome by curiosity, sure would like to meet with and take a closer look at this system. If nothing more then to extract the designers logic.
    I wonder if the heating furnace was reclaimed out of an aircraft carrier. lolololololol
    I just cant stop laughing.

What you should be doing when you see something like that is call the police.
    People making illegal drugs use setups like that to vent the foul oder and fumes to and then usually burn the mix so it isnt detected.

The police out here have found several elaborite operations that blow the harmfull fumes into the intake of an auto engine to mask the oder

Talking

I told you before to stay out of my yard!! That is the way we do it here in Arkansas!!! And this is an upper class install, usually you only see these on manufactured homes!! LOL

Originally posted by bb
    I have looked at this many times and still laugh. One thing I haven't figured out yet,"Why The Van?" . Is he trying to protect this thing from rusting ??????
    That's so when the ole' lady kicks him out he still has
    a warm place to go to sleep it off.

I emailed
    http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/park.html
    Hopefully they'll add it to their already good page.

Originally posted by spackard
    Originally posted by bb
    I have looked at this many times and still laugh. One thing I haven't figured out yet,"Why The Van?" . Is he trying to protect this thing from rusting ??????
    That's so when the ole' lady kicks him out he still has
    a warm place to go to sleep it off.

I emailed
    http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/park.html
    Hopefully they'll add it to their already good page.
    they already added it... looks like the picture was taken from there, and has always been there...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast