Thread: UCP2 chilled water setpoint

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

UCP2 chilled water setpoint

Anyone ever have a problem with the chilled water setpoint pot on a ucp1 going screwy and drifting off setpoint? I have one under contract that seems to be doing it, but I haven't caught it yet. The plant operator says he has seen the setpoint up as high as 60 when scrolling through the menu and then by just touching the knob, it drops right back to 45 and the chiller starts. Never any diagnostic, it's just the ucp1 "seeing" no cooling required and off cycling. Also one time, it apparently crashed when he switched from hold to auto on the vane control. Don't know if that's related, it may have been coincidental that the setpoint happened to drift passed the diff to stop setpoint at that moment. When I look at it, it will never do it. I can raise and lower setpoint and the display shows it being exactly where it should be for the knob position. I'm thinking just some contact cleaner might help it out. Any thoughts? When this starts to happen, is it just a matter of time before having to replace the 1U3 mod?
    I've had to replace them when they fail internally before, just never seen this type of failure.
    Last edited by ChillerWisperer; 09-29-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Brain fart
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in