Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What can I tell you. Electronics are expensive, and we get 5 days to do the conversion.

We pull the gas so we can get the sensors and wells in like the factory.

As far as the price goes, how does it rate to the raw materials that it take to make something. I don't know but I payed $5oo for a Glock the other day and as far as I can see it is some plastic and a little metal.

I also like to use the analogy about the cost of lets say a oil pres reg. block assembley on a CVHF compared to something along those lines in a Chevy 350 motor. There are many reasons why prices are different.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Please tell me you're kidding when you allude to the fact that there's not a problem when the simple changeout of a control panel on a package chiller costs more than unstacking/restacking a 3 stage Trane compressor plus parts cost. Please.............

And it's not about the frequency of the job, it's the simple fact that this stuff just don't cost that much.

The "stuff" may not cost that much but the R&D and development that went into it cost quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jemawalton View Post
    The "stuff" may not cost that much but the R&D and development that went into it cost quite a bit.
    I know what we sold it for at York, and I know that we made the margins that were required for the company to grow. Noone minds paying for R&D, but the mfrs have gotten to the point that they want to charge every customer for the whole pie, instead of their slice. Got a price on a retro to an Adaptaview the other day, and it was right at 2 1/2 times what we used to do an Optiview retro for with all the labor on OT. But it's not just Trane - jci wants 3 times what we used to sell the kit for (parts only). Yeah, that's been 3 years ago, but prices haven't gone up 300%. I also have relatives that are in electronics, and the "stuff" just ain't that expensive, per those that know.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    With everyone buying and selling everyone else nowadays, I wonder if anbody's gonna be around to support their stuff. I went to the MCS website after I found out what Trane wants for an Adaptaview and jci wants for the Optiview. I worked for the mfr for a long time, and I know what they pay for this stuff. The prices they charge are absolutely ridiculous. jci wants over twice what we used to install the Optiview retrofit for just to sell me the kit. The mfrs are shooting themselves in the foot because of what they charge, but they are under the impression that the consumer should feel honored to do business with them and be able to buy their product. That's a tragic mistake in any industry. The MCS stuff is looking a lot more attractive, it apparently works, and 1994 was 15 years ago. That's not just a flash in the pan.
    Amen brother! MCS has been around longer than 15 years. It was another company before that that was sold to Danfos. John Walterick designed the NP-24 controler on the Dunham Bush screw chille and was in supermarket refrigeration before that. I have sold my 15th MCS conversion with no issues. I have them on Trane pneumatic, black classic and UCP695, Carrier 19DK's, EF's, York recips, McQuay ALS. What I like is "one size fits all!"
    "I'm from Texas, what country are you from?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123