Help me understand
We just purchased a new house with a gas fireplace. In order to light the fireplace, the pilot light must be turned on and lit, and a light switch must be turned on. Seems like a lot of work to light the fireplace....and living in Texas I really don't like the thought of having the pilot burning for 350 days a year.
In our previous home, we just turned a key near the fireplace which released gas and we used a long match to ignite.
Why is there a difference? Is there a way to make our current fireplace situation as easy as our old one???