+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who has wrecked their work truck?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thrashme View Post
    Fresh out of school 1982, running service out of a little truck. My boss co-signed so I could sub from him...late nite + 21 yrs old + not real bright + alcohol = 1 trashed truck & 1 nite in jail

I guess I dont feel so bad.My wreck happened on the way to a job early in the morn.I was wide awake just couldn't stop.My van has 87K miles on it and the breaks haven't been checked.I should of had them checked.May have prevented my wreck.
    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Post Likes
    I suppose I feel different about rear ending another car. I always (personal and business) keep proper distance between the car in front of me and myself. If weather sucks I give more. I just have always made that my own personal policy. In most states if you hit someone in the rear its your fault so.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfer View Post
    I suppose I feel different about rear ending another car. I always (personal and business) keep proper distance between the car in front of me and myself. If weather sucks I give more. I just have always made that my own personal policy. In most states if you hit someone in the rear its your fault so.
    Bingo a 3/4 Ton truck that weighs 7,000 lbs. won't stop nearly as fast as a 2,000 Lb. compact car. You know how much distance you need to get your truck safely stoped at a given speed.

Post Likes

I hope I don't jinx myself

The last accident, ie flooded truck was in 2004. As far as my insurance goes my record is spotless. Ditto on the following too closely, my current truck tips the scales @ 12860#, so it takes a second or two to stop. I do my best to remember the 3-second rule in following others and that just because I can get there quicker doesn't mean I should. It is really bothersome that because I give a fairly large gap between me & the car in front of me, a good number of people try to squeeze into that gap. Some people don't realize what it takes to stop a 7 ton vehicle, especially if they only drive a 1 to 2 ton car. Oh well I'm done gritching, it is Saturday morning & I get to drive 50 miles to a warm dairy case....yeah for Commercial Refrigeration! Double yeah for OT!!!

Post Likes
    I ran a Ford 350 into a light pole rather than hit the back end of a Pinto with kids in it.....that was a long time ago. Still glad I made that choice.
    R2B4BTU

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in