Fluke 16 and Battery

Couple of weeks ago I was on a RTU in the pouring down rain, trying to figure out why it wouldn't run. Was getting 267 Volt readings from my 16, on a 208 unit. Wasted time on that till I figured it was the meter. When the battery indicator shows a solid battery, battery is no good. Most use an empty battery, or battery symbol with bars in it, but not Fluke.

why are you on a roof, in the rain, playing with electricity?????? you want to make your wife a widow?

It gets even better, this unit was condenmed by a contractor over a year ago, we just got it added to our inventory, "Facilties, Support Services." The unit is plagued by suck-outs, the slip on terminals crack and fall of the flags. Drove thru rain, it let up when I got there, then I bogged down on the voltage issue. Got another meter, just as I found voltage okay, got hit with a deluge. Ended up replacing eight plus terminals, in the unit.

The real kicker, boss is on the radio every few minutes, he has a hot call, back at our home site. When I came down of the roof of remote site, lady wanted to know why I took so long getting there, call was place two days ago. The 'Hot call," same lady that puts in calls two to three times a week, she's either hot or freezing. Boss needs to check this one personally.

wild leg? I also might mention I had to replace a compressor in an old McQuay water source heat pump a couple months ago and it was a 267 Volt compressor! I ordered the compressor and then found out why it was 267 Volt, They were pulling one leg off a 480 volt three phase service and running the other side to neutral. It was a true 267 Volt single phase unit blower motors and all. Just FYI has nothing to do with your problem.

208-230 delta, meter was acting up. heavymetaldad, you ever work in Quadcities? Worked there a long time ago, think there may have still been wagontrains going west. I miss going to the Amana colonies, going to the woolen mill cafe.