Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amana or York?

There's a very significant difference between 60 and 80k input.
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Its not that hard to do a manual J. Its worth while to do your own.
    Okay I give up. I downloaded the HVAC-CALC trial version and watched the videos - there is no way I can get something out of it that I myself can trust. It will take days if not weeks for me to understand all the selections. And I'm tired of talking with contructors The last one didn't even want to come because I asked too many questions. So I guess I'm set on 60k, because 6 out of 7 contructors recomended it So I said 6 can't be wrong unless they all studied in the same school

My old furnace is 75k input 57k output. What does the nominal 60k mean? If that's the output then I guess It will be more powerfull than the old one and hopefully work on the first stage.

Thanks.

60,000 input.

Average home owner that uses HVAC Calc, generally has it figured out in a short period of time.

You have been asking questions for over 2 weeks. If it takes a day or 2 to learn how to use it, its worth it.

Lots of contractors just select the next size smaller furnace. Maybe thats why all 6 are saying the same thing. Its the next size smaller then you have.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

My opinion - York offers limited product line and I don't think overall quality is there. Goodman / Amana much better product line and warranties. But which ever brand you select the true decider is the installation.

Quote Originally Posted by AACHP View Post
    My opinion - York offers limited product line and I don't think overall quality is there. Goodman / Amana much better product line and warranties. But which ever brand you select the true decider is the installation.
    To complement your suggestion I selected a contractor that sells Bryant, Rheem and Trane. So it's not about either York or Amana anymore
    thanks

My opinion - York offers limited product line and I don't think overall quality is there.
    Limited in what way?

They have the same lines of equipment as any other brand.
    And have a mod furnace(that actually modulates), that many other brands still don't have.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Can't stand all of the product bashing. I have been in the HVAC trade for 8 years now and have installed Trane, Goodman, Keeprite, York, Ducane, and many more. When it comes down to it they are basically the same!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123