Brand New 2002 Aquasnap 40T

I have a 2002 Carrier Aquasnap that has never been installed. The customer bought it, left it packaged at the plant for the last 7 years. It had never been opened or wired or filled. This is about the third time in my career I've done an install on a stored unit. That's not my problem though. It has the Carrier factory hydronic package, 2 pumps along with a base that contains 4 storage tanks piped in series with 2 sets of heater for low ambient freeze protection and my customer has no information on tank set-up. I was wondering if anybody knew about these. It had a paper ID with a M/N that has been wiped clean. The chiller itself has been installed and is running fine. Thanks for any help.-GEO

Here is tank paperwork; installation; controls and troubleshooting.
    You did not give a size but if it has a tank, this is all they have.
    http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...t/30ra-7si.pdf
    http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc...it/30ra-1t.pdf
    http://www.docs.hvacpartners.com/idc.../30ra-17si.pdf

make sure the pumps are wired for the right voltage. I have seen them wired wrong. Also the expansion valve will probally will need to be adjusted. Alot of the earlier ones had over 50 degrees superheat.

My only suggestion would be to upgrade the software to keep from having any weird problems. You frobably have 3.0 ,5.0 is the newest. Too bad you still have that paddle switch still in there.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Talking Aquasnap oldie but a goodie

Wolfdog- Many thanks as that is exactly what I needed. I did actually mention the tons in my original thread, that was the 40T in the title. Again many thanks and I hope I can do the same for you someday.-GEO.

Quote Originally Posted by freonrick View Post
    make sure the pumps are wired for the right voltage. I have seen them wired wrong. Also the expansion valve will probally will need to be adjusted. Alot of the earlier ones had over 50 degrees superheat.
    We have not only had the maladjusted TXVs like Rick said, we also have experienced a high failure rate [on the early models] on the Danfos TXVs and also the pressure transducers. They also had issues with the brazed plate exchangers clogging up on untreated water.