Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm in Wisconsin, my house also sit up higher than my neighbors so I have no water infiltration and all the air leaks are sealed up.

sorry, been awhile since I could get on intnet. my crawl stays warm in winter and cool in summer. acts like a closet in the house, no air supply but temp like in house.

was no insulation on anything under house when I bought it. not on duct, water pipes or in floor. must have been some major heat loss to keep pipes from freezing in a vented crawl.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

I was converted to the overall benefit of sealed crawlspaces by the www.crawlspaces.org research. Watch this video that answers the question 'To vent or not to vent.' This will answer a lot of questions.

http://www.advancedenergy.org/buildi...0To%20Vent.wmv

Don't know if you have solved your problems to date, but was re-reading the post here and thought that if you were to seal the floor with a VP,and close the vents to the outside, and insulate your floor above and maybe add a box fan on one side of the crawl space to pull in air form the rest of the basement into the crawl space it will help in keeping the crawl space dry by keeping the air moving thru out the space. By using the rubber roofing for your VP and sealing it to your side walls will be half the battle in controlling the humidity with the addition of a box fan to circulate the air will be a huge help with the musty smell,odors.

Think of an enclosed crawl space as a very short basement. Then condition it as such. It makes more sense that way. The attached Builder Magazine article explains what is going on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a very interesting article, thanks for sharing. I've already been convinced on the merits, and I'm just about ready to do it at this time. I've held off on doing this for the past couple of months due to refinancing, and completing some projects that required me to put through-holes in the outside walls (I wanted all of that done so they would be sealed correctly to begin with). So all the projects are completed now, except for building a new crawlspace entry framing and door.....and as soon as this is finished I am scheduling Carolina All Dry to encapsulate my crawlspace. Thanks for the continued responses!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12