tankless or indirect fired hot water tank

if you need a hot water system with gas, you will go with tankless or indirect fired hot water tank used with the gas boiler?

Tankless: needs gas and vent, installation expensive, more maintanance, but more efficient

Indirect fired hot water tank: installation is cheaper? less maintanance?

what's your opinions?

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by housecarer View Post
    if you need a hot water system with gas, you will go with tankless or indirect fired hot water tank used with the gas boiler?

Tankless: needs gas and vent, installation expensive, more maintanance, but more efficient

Indirect fired hot water tank: installation is cheaper? less maintanance?

what's your opinions?

thanks,
    my opinion is if you have a small family, maybe two adults and two teens, you would be alright with a tankless. if your family is bigger i would go with storage. tankless heaters run at a high btu. they are efficiant but if they are running alot you are just burning alot of fuel. other guy's on here may have a differant opinion.

That depends on what type of system you have, and what temps you are running in your system. A 2 temp system can be installed but at more cost.
    I am a fan of boilers if you already have one use it

If you have a high efficiency boiler, go with the indirect. Also look into solar water heaters.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

if you have a boiler use that as already said. Are you adding a new system, building a house?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    If you have a high efficiency boiler, go with the indirect. Also look into solar water heaters.
    was inherited a more than 20yrs old solar panel hot water system. it is good and we like it. after two yrs service to us, the tank starts leaking. because of the cost of replace the tank, we plan to stop using it and use a gas heater instead.