Hybrid View

Honeywell VisionPro Thermostat - always 100% humidity

Our Honeywell VP thermostats always shows inside Humidity of 100% (on main display) and 99% on the "more" display. The fan seems to run almost continuously (we have a 16i something A/C and variable speed air handler by Trane). It is not 100% humidity inside, and I suspect the humidity % has something to do with the fan running essentially all the time (we have high electricity bills ). Even when we set the thermostat on "OFF" the fan keeps on running, so to save electricity in the winter (in Florida) we have to turn the switch off at the electric box in the garage. Can anyone, please, help. I have had the A/C service person here twice, and both have said that it appears to be working fine. If I call yet another one, what should I ask them on the phone to make sure they know how to fix the thermostat/AC or configure things correctly. Thanks.
    Emma

P.S. When I press "more", the only things I see on the display are the 99% humidity, "done" and "cancel", no up/down arrows, nothing.

You need someone out there that knows what they are doing, it sounds like you have had a couple hacks.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Call the installing company.
    if thats who you have been having come out. Call and ask to speak to the service manager, general manager, or owner.

Tell them you are disappointed in the techs that have been there. And would like the service manager to come out. Or, atleast there best tech.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

There are two booklets for the thermostat. When they come out, they need both of them.