+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No heat

Post Likes
    I suggested that this be replaced 4 yrs. ago. Now the tenent who says ( I know nothing about oil furnaces ) reset it 3 times and then left it alone because he smelled oil. I refused to start it and never liked the flue arrangement through the roof. Supply duct is 28x8, furnace is 2.5 gph with 2, 3ton coils in supply plenum. What return? . .

[Edited by selfemployed on 02-01-2004 at 08:38 AM]
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes
    2.5 gph? What kind of mansion are they heating?

Guy probably drives a Mercedes yet won't replace this relic

Post Likes

Frown !!!!!!!!!!!!BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The furnace has been reset 3 times with a 2.5 gph nozzle in it??!?? Maybe it was a wise idea not to lite it off selfemployed!!!
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Post Likes

Boom

I have only had to call the fire dept. once and that was enough. Just to air the house, no fire. Loonie I'll get the Cleveland Dornbach tag for you if you want it.

Post Likes
    "3 times or 30 times" is the same to a homeowner.
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

Post Likes
    I'd love the tag! Did you sell them a replacement?

Post Likes
    I'll get it. Yes but this time of the year I turn change outs to another independent. Service load keeps me busy.

oil-2-4-6-gas is offline Professional Member b&M _email server rejected
    Post Likes
    last night i lit a 100 hp boiler that had a gallon of oil in the chamber--- residentials i just light it and shutdown 2 seconds after it lights let it burn off i know the fire department pretty well --the larger boilers i light them then leave just the blower on and disconnect the oil line ///its always fun lighting those oil soaked units with the homeowner there they usually get the "hint --reset once"

Post Likes

Talking You know nothing?

Tell him if thats true, he is really in trouble, cause he knows less! Tell HIM to fix it. Maybe he can try a bigger nozzle, and more resets, it'll light eventually!
    That reminds me of a joke--As a guy, who's parachute didnt open, was falling to earth at mach speed, he saw another guy going up....?, so he yells to him "do you know how to fix parachutes? And that guy replies NO! do you know how to fix gas furnaces?

Post Likes
    Everytime I see or hear about oil burners I want to choke the guy that taught me how to work on them but I trained a couple of guys to work on them and now the cuss me, all I can say is be gone from me satan be gone from me

Post Likes

Oil Burners

Glad the boiler didn't get you. Just didn't feel lucky and it needed replacing along with ac. I am glad he left it alone that can be a bad thing for both of us. Yea I love oil burners too. I'm in the oil belt.

Post Likes

Hmm

Believe it or not I could get this thing to work. Lets see... one new transformer. Electrode readjustment, new nozzle. (combustion motor looks new.) fuel line clean up, change the pump strainer if it has one. replace smoke pipe. and pray the heat exchanger is't cracked. yes that should do it. but if it was me I would toss in a hand grenade and call it a day !

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hoppy
    Everytime I see or hear about oil burners I want to choke the guy that taught me how to work on them but I trained a couple of guys to work on them and now the cuss me, all I can say is be gone from me satan be gone from me
    I started out doing oil a long time ago but if you tell my boss I'll punch you in the junk!lol
    Take your time & do it right!

Post Likes

Mark

your pretty far from me so the trip would not be worth it just for that. Whats his # ?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in