Question are the New McQuay Micro-Tech III Controllers Manufactured By Siemens

Question are the New McQuay Micro Tech III Controllers Manufactured By Siemens

is this a question?

Yes, of course it is a question.. I have been told the MicroTech III controllers are manufactured by Siemens But wanted to verify it.

need a ?

I heard this from a McQuay rep about a year and a half ago that they were developing the next generation Microtech board and that it would be made by Siemens. McQuay didn't want to be in bed with Johnson anymore once they bought York. I have not seen a Microtech III in action yet nor have I actually confirmed that this is actually what McQuay is currently providing, but I have heard the same thing.

I just finished a MicroTech III integration with DAC via LON.

The McQuay start-up guy said the cards were built by Siemens, too.

Mcquay uses a company by the name of Carel out of Italy. They also make the Microtech 2 controllers as well.

The two mission critical projects that I was involved with this year had a total of 8 McQuay air-cooled chillers and 2 McQuay rooftop units. All 10 units had Carel controllers. On one of the projects we integrated 3 air-cooled chillers and the 2 rooftop units via BACnet MSTP. The other project integrated to the boilers via MODbus but not the chillers which came with BACnet MSTP cards and the our system is BACnet . Oh well, I guess engineers and management make these decisions. Maybe next time.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

I am aware of the Carel for several of their previous Microtech Controllers. Which I have used and are on different rooftops on this project that is using the MicroTech III Controller that Physically does not look like or setup even close to the same as the Carel controllers. I just recently asked my McQuay rep and he confirmed they are Manufactured by Siemens.

FYI- So now I found out for sure they are built by Siemens

Thanks Chet