Ac Unit Runs Furnace Fan Won't... Not Sure If I can Ask This Here

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Long Story Short.... I had a friend do My AC install. He was too lazy to run a new Wire from the thermostat. When I need heat he has to switch wires on the thermostat and on the furnace. I got cold last week and decided to try and do the switching myself. Now its hot again and I need my AC back. This guy is nowhere to be found and I cant figure out which wires to switch back. I had the AC running at one point but the furnace fan wouldn't. Now I cant get anything to run. Here is a diagram to the best of my abitlity.
    Thermostat
    c
    rc|
    o |
    b |
    rh|------Red To Furnace
    w------Green wire to furnace
    y------White wire to Furnace
    g

Furnace -- Lennox Elite

W
    R
    Y------Red From AC
    C------White From AC
    G
    I guess my question is what do I do with the thermostat wires to make the ac and fan work?

Thanks if you can help.

Jason Frederick

I will get in trouble for posting a DIY answer, try and google 5 wire stat hook-up. I can see easily what you have done but can not answer it here sorry.

You will need to hire a professional HVAC technician to come out to your house and run a new thermostat wire and connect it properly for you.

I'd love to but I just got layed off and am broke as a joke. Cant afford that. Didnt realize you couldnt give DIY advice on here. Oh well.. I'll keep switching wires around till something happens...lol

Dude google 5 wire thermostat installation you will easily find what your looking for.

Tell your lazy arse "friend" to get his but in gear and pull you a new set of wire, and tell him he owes you a new stat for letting you screw around with it in the first place!
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Some "friend"
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

When you connect the wrong wires and burn up the control board. Will you be able to afford an expensive new control board.

No DIY, thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?