My dog ate my AC

Well not really, but he did eat the low voltage wires from the furnace. Last Friday I cane home from work and my house was about 90 degrees, so for whatever reason I just knew my puppy had something to do with it. After a look around in my house I went outside to take a look at the condenser and he had chewed through the wires from the furnace. I spliced in the wiring back together and everything worked fine. Saturday I came home and same deal, I go out back and he pretty well ate all the wire between the house and the condenser so I make a quick trip to lowes and run a new wire from the furnace to the condenser but nothing will come on now. The condenser will power on when you press the test button on the back of the unit. The breakers are good and power is going to the furnace but nothing turns on now, no heat, no ac, no fan when in the on position. The fan will not even power on when jumping the wires at the thermostat. The furnaces wiring diagram call for a fusible link inline before the fan limit switch but there is no fuse. Is it possible that the dog killed the limit switch due to the lack of a fuse? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Also the fan powers on if you manually turn the dial on the limit switch a bit but the condenser does not.

Well, if pressing the "test button" and turning the dial won't make it work, you should call for service then.

We're just messin' with ya.
    You really do need to call a service company now.
    You've done all you can do.
    Please don't push or turn anything else.It's only gonna cost you more money.

I'll tell you... I have a friend and he told me one day; "Mike, the worst whoopin' I ever got was when my mamma tore my A$$ up with a Lamp Cord after I shot my brother with a BB gun". (I still get a laugh out of it.) John, does that give you an ideas? I was going to suggest to run a lamp cord side by side with the A/C control wires and.... No, Don't Plug It In, it would SHOCK the poor pup when he decided to chew on the wires. I had a Border Collie that was a Destroyer. She also ate the control wires on the shop unit A/C but for some reason she decided to go back to destroying the Lawn Mower.

JP, maybe he doesn't have a jumper? Hey got any Lamp Cord?

OK... OK... I'm sorry, call a Tech before you get hurt (or make the problem worse).

All these guys know whats wrong here and are not going to give up info that easy after only 1 post.

Call your local HVAC service company. They will diagnose and repair it for you. For a fee.

Then, build an enclosure for your dog/puppy.

Please read site rules, no DIY.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?