+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who makes a good 4-in-1 screw driver...

Post Likes

Who makes a good 4-in-1 screw driver...

..that doesn't (a) split', or (b) handle doesn't go soft and slip(!) at say 110 on the roof!?

I feel about the same of people who make tools that don't use them, as them that make sandwiches they never bothered to try'n eat.

Post Likes
    Wiha makes the best screwdrivers in the world, IMO.

JJ

Post Likes
    I don't use any universal tools at all.

Everything has one purpose and thats it.

I do use some weird tools for a hammer though, if it saves me a trip to the trucky poo.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I've had pretty good luck with the Klein. But my Swiss multi-tool has pretty much taken its place.

Post Likes
    I like lenox 6 in 1, but this picture shows their 9 in 1.

Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Post Likes
    I like the Klein 11 in 1 myself, I threw that lenox POS off a roof a while back after losing the newly purchased replacement bits.

Post Likes
    Where do you get replacement bits for them? I have about 4 of those things where I lost the bits. I have been looking and I haven't been able to locate just the bits. WHERE DO I GET NEW BITS???

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeB View Post
    I like the Klein 11 in 1 myself, I threw that lenox POS off a roof a while back after losing the newly purchased replacement bits.
    From what I have seen on other trade boards, people are really complaining about the Klein 11 in 1 lately. It is kind of shocking to me, because it was by far and away the most used and loved multi type screw driver on the market. I don't know if they moved their manufacturing overseas or what.

JJ

Post Likes

Allway with 6000 v. fiberglass handle. Best $6. tool on the market. They are in every truck.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    I've got an Irwin 9 in one, or 11 in one, not sure which. Either way I actually like it better than the Klien. Bigger handle (easier to grab), and just feels better overall. Though, I've never had any problems with Klien.

I've seen the replacement bits (the big straight and phillips) somewhere many moons ago. Made a mental note so when I needed them I'd know where to go. All be danged if I can find them anywhere now.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Post Likes
    I don't use any universal tools like Dice Man, except for that hammer thing!!! I like standard Klein screw drivers!! And, I have an elcheepo screw driver that I use for a hole starter in sheet metal when I want to cut with my snips. I just bash the side of it on the sheet metal with my REAL hammer!! Works well for that. The 4 in 1 screw drivers won't take any abuse at all. I know, you aren't supposed to abuse your tools.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post

Allway with 6000 v. fiberglass handle. Best $6. tool on the market. They are in every truck.
    Fiberglass. Good start maybe. The thing I kinda' like about the 4-1 style (vs more bits) is the two x two, flip them over quick swap. (The 5/16 - 1/4 hex shaft is the (admittedly very light duty) bonus tool'.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyreguy View Post
    Looks a lot like the 'Husky with the split handle I have now.
    Give them at least it didn't melt this summer.

Maybe a JB Weld' fix. Hmm.

Post Likes
    Vaco used to make a good one, but I think they are owned by Klein now. I use one of the Klein 10 in 1's for the light duty first response stuff and have a mixed full set of Klein and Craftsman heavy duty drivers in my toolbag for the real work.

Here's a link for the Klein replacement bits: http://www.mytoolstore.com/klein/32477.html

They only have the original replacement bits. I wish they had different ones available. I don't think I've ever used the square bits and would like to replace them with a 20/25 torx bit.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    I don't use any universal tools at all.

Everything has one purpose and thats it.

I do use some weird tools for a hammer though, if it saves me a trip to the trucky poo.
    OMG I hate to say it but I agree with Dice..Mods please don't ban me for that.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Tech JJ View Post
    I don't use any universal tools like Dice Man, except for that hammer thing!!! I like standard Klein screw drivers!! And, I have an elcheepo screw driver that I use for a hole starter in sheet metal when I want to cut with my snips. I just bash the side of it on the sheet metal with my REAL hammer!! Works well for that. The 4 in 1 screw drivers won't take any abuse at all. I know, you aren't supposed to abuse your tools.
    This is what I use to start holes for using snips.
    http://www.drillspot.com/products/59...Step_Drill_Bit
    I could NOT find a picture by itself, so I had to use the link.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post

I'd like to find another of those.

Nice, light screwdriver.

Post Likes
    I like these. The bits are as hard as h**l and work well in my drill and Dremel driver.

http://www.picquic.com/pro.html
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Where do you get replacement bits for them? I have about 4 of those things where I lost the bits. I have been looking and I haven't been able to locate just the bits. WHERE DO I GET NEW BITS???
    http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5LL46#moreOs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in