+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Johnson & S.S.L

Post Likes

Johnson & S.S.L

Greetings all interested, I have a question about the web based version of Metasys, don't ask me what version I'm running cause I'm sorry I don't have it I know all good techs would have that info, but I can tell you that the system has been in for about 3 years. Here is the issue I'm having the front end is in a janitors closet and was a stand alone system for the last 2 years the cust recently brought in a INTERNET provider (ATT) to be exact and the problem I ran into is when I went to configure the alarms so that we would receive them through email is that they the emails are being blocked because ATT uses SSL. Now I brought this up at the last Johnson class I went to and unfortunately it was not really resolved,all I was told is it's not possible but for whats its worth I've ran into the same thing with Tridium. Has anyone ran into this problem and is there a way around it ? Also I have had the I.T. guy look at the pc and it needs an update real bad I mean real bad thank you Bill Gates. Is there a newer version that Johnson has that might have a patch for S.S.l or do I need to inform the customer that he needs to change INTERNET providers ? Thanks for any input

Post Likes
    why don't you set up a smtp server on the pc in question and use that to send emails?

Post Likes
    Not being a I.T. guy I'm not for sure what you are talking about but I do have just the gentleman that this will be right up his alley and I'm sure he will know what you are talking about. Thanks for the input

Post Likes
    One other question how bout the update do you know of any issues we might have when updating the PC to service pack 3, I have ran into an issue when we first brought the PC online with a java update but my local Johnson rep came and fixed that issue by reinstalling the correct version of java back on the PC. Do you know if there would be a chance of running into this problem again with the update? right now I have the java updates disabled

Post Likes
    microsoft windows updates and java updates are two separate items. If you want to install XP SP3 you should be fine.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in