Question Trane XE 80 blower on but no suction

I was at a friends last night watching the UT game and we noticed it was getting warmer. Long story short; little-no air from vents throughout house, blower is on, compressor is on, no suction, red light blinking once on board. Help please. If it matters I am a 10yr vet in appliance repair with my own company, sears and maytag(pre whirlpool) so feel free to be technical. THX

check the filter

lol the filter isnt the issue. even removed there is no suction. is there some type of damper in the air handler that may be closed due to a failed part?

Define "no suction"

it sounds to me as if you installed a gauge and measured a suction pressure of 0.

Is this correct?

If so, then the only advice I can offer is to call a professional.

by no suction i mean no air being drawn through the filter. the handler is indoors and the grate covering the cavity unddr the closet is just below where is sits. with filter(that needed to be changed) it had no air being drawn up into the unit, with removed filter it was the same. BUT the blower is running.

Turn the AC off, let the fan run and turn all it back on in the morning.

If that fails or it happens again very soon, then call the pros.

The coil may be iced up due to a dirty filter.

is the suction line at the outdoor unit iced over?

@jollyone, i can hear it runing outside for one and secondly the removable plate that covers the evap is cold and is sweating a little. i believe he left it off over night so it should have thawed. but that makes perfect sense if it is frozen over/clogged.

Sounds like the system is frozen, I would as stated turn system off & fan to on position until the next morning then ensure static presure (suction as you call it) at filter. system pressure needs to be checked also.