Geothermal recommendations other than FHP?

My Florida heat pump is 21 years old and I have repaired it for what seems to be the last time. Anyway I ended up going into the refrigeration instead of residential so I only know of FHP. My buddy owns his own residential business, but he can't get a deal on a FHP and the price of the unit was too much for me. Anyone have any experience with other geothermal units (that may cost less) they can recommend?

Thanks for any input.

Moved to Residential Geo Forum.

Ain't no such thing as a cheap geo.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Ain't no such thing as a cheap geo.
    True. However I had an air source quote come in a couple of grand higher than my geothermal.

I love my waterfurnace Envision. After 21 years you are in for a big upgrade in effenciency. Buy as most effecient unit as you can afford. And shop around ask questions. The price difference between a single stage 3 ton and a two stage 3 ton was less than a days pay for me. I have heard rumors that for some contractors they are actually cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by drsmith012 View Post
    True. However I had an air source quote come in a couple of grand higher than my geothermal.

I love my waterfurnace Envision. After 21 years you are in for a big upgrade in effenciency. Buy as most effecient unit as you can afford. And shop around ask questions. The price difference between a single stage 3 ton and a two stage 3 ton was less than a days pay for me. I have heard rumors that for some contractors they are actually cheaper.

Thanks for the input.

beenthere, sorry I don't get to visit the forum often and the geo forum had a lock on it (or so I thought). Guess I need to get my post count up and submit my info.

All the big guys are in geo thermal now. But I'm really surprised that FHP won't honor someone in the refrigeration buisness ? How about your main suppliers? Try Carrier, Trane & York or hit the Directory I'm sure you'll do well .......

You may have seen the Pro Geo forum lock.

The Residential Geo is open to all.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?