Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coffee anyone?

Don't drink coffee at home but I will go to Tim Hortons for coffee (double double) and a glazed bun during the day. McDonalds new coffee is also not bad during the day.

Around here the Gas Stations seem to make a pot and keep it until it sells before making a new one. That just boils out the flavour and I refuse to buy any.

I can remember my dad 40 years ago drinking Maxwell House Instant coffee, do they still make it?

Quote Originally Posted by mbhydro View Post
    I can remember my dad 40 years ago drinking Maxwell House Instant coffee, do they still make it?
    Yep. I take it camping.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Blue Coffee?

Has anyone heard of it? I had a customer mention it to me, apparently it's from South America or something. It's a blue bean, and the coffee itself is supposed to be amazing.

Also... I heard this in the past few weeks. Was it used in anything that anyone knows about?
    Last edited by jrbenny; 09-20-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: removed political commentary

A cup of vanilla hazelnut coffee and a thick piece of German chocolate cake from the Java House in South Boston. They flavor thier beans themselves.

Dunkin Donuts Regular blend at home and on the road.

I had the opportunity to do a blind taste test..I was surprised to learn that it is not only the cost of the beans but how beans are processed..so I tasted 4 cups all black, Out of all of them Community Coffee was the one I picked and it's cheap..so try it you'll be amazed
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

I buy fine ground expresso from the coffe shop. Make 1 cup a day. 2 heapin tbsps of coffee through a melita coffee cone with 1-2/3 cups boilin water. make it right into my big ol Broncos mug, then I'm ready for defence, offence, whatever the day brings.

My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

ME I like

BEst fast food Burger kIng,
    best convience store, shell stations serving Daily's Coffee's Great nutty flavor.
    Home I too like the community coffee lines, Chickory YUM YUM, but hard to find here in town, So probally folgers, wife does that Gevalia stuff, looked at bill and it was 16.00 a pound, she now pays for it if she wants it,
    If you build it they will come,,,they built it and they went.

Eight-O-Clock Columbian whole bean, grinding just enough for one brew. Regular is good too.
    keep your ice cold and flame hot

The very best coffee -

Comes from La Colombe Torrefaction.

You owe it to yourself to savor it at least Once before you die.

At home I use Melitta Columbian, medium roast.

Each cup made individually with a single cup cone with Exactly a 1/4 cup measure of coffee in it.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    A cup of vanilla hazelnut coffee and a thick piece of German chocolate cake from the Java House in South Boston. They flavor thier beans themselves.
    Hazelnut coffee !!! I can't stand the smell of it when it is brewing. Its me I guess, a lot of folks like it. Green Mountain Coffee is big around here naturally. We bought one of coffee brewers that make the individual K cups of coffee, tea or hot cocoa. They work pretty well.

I go in and out of snobish coffee drinking. I have a coffee roaster and buy green beans and roast them myself. It used to be starbucks or seattles best, right now it's folgers black silk. Eight O'Clock coffee is real good for the price. But for the best coffee, it should be roasted right before you brew it.
    Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

I go down to the local Dunkin' Donuts and buy the 4 bags of regular ground coffee for $20.
    “Your biggest risk is not taking one..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast