+ Reply to Thread

Thread: H.O. always replaces filter

Post Likes

[Edited by Boss on 12-29-2003 at 05:28 PM]

Post Likes

Talking

Well, they always change it.

They just forgot to tell you that they leave it out after checking it, while they buy the new one in about a month!! :-)

Or, we always get:

We change our filter every MONTH!!

And then you pull it out and can't see through it!

Then they say "oh my, but we just changed that not to long ago" Yeah, RIGHT!

Post Likes
    Is that a threaded elbow or pvc just stuck on?

Post Likes
    I hate to tell you this but I have this beat. Several years ago now a customer called for service, a new one that had moved to a house where we had originally installed the furnace and ac. I removed the coil, of course plugged up and asked the guy how often he had changed the filter? He replied that always once a month. He remarked how nice the new filter was, he just turned it upside down and just put it back in (he had replaced original with a washable). naturally I explained what happened. THIS IS A TRUE STORY!!

Post Likes

filter

I like it better fresh, like when you have to defrost filter prior to removal.
    My old boss does it this way.
    maybe the compressor change was his idea of maintenance?

Post Likes
    had customer scream bloody murder when i told her how much it would cost to pull and clean evap coil.she swore she vacuum cleaned her 97 cent air throw away filter every couple months.

ah,a fool and there money soon parted.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    I must be really retarded today...What is this we're looking at??? I'm starin' at it and it isn't registering.

Post Likes
    Greg,

It's the underside of aa A-coil evaporator from a residential furnace.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Oh.

Not being in the field myself, and being somewhat competant at maintnence, I wouldn't think something could get that clogged. Hmmmm.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by gregwood
    Oh.

Not being in the field myself, and being somewhat competant at maintnence, I wouldn't think something could get that clogged. Hmmmm.
    Happens all the time. Rental homes are worse than the owner and occupant being the same.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

Post Likes

Talking

put it in the trash with the trane unit,s

Post Likes
    Coil carpeting, how much per sqft?

Post Likes
    Oh, yeah! Now that's the kind of thing I get to see a lot. It's usually that exact same coil, too. I have seen worse, believe it or not, but I have no pics to prove it, so you have no reason to believe me . I've also seen plenty of plugged coils that weren't the HO's fault, though. In these cases, the HO really does change the filters every month, but never wonders why the filters are never dirty at all. Lots of filter bypass is the culprit and you often want to know how it was that did the install so you can kick them and laugh at them for such incompetence. Too bad your pick wasn't taken before the coil thawed . "I found the trouble, lady. You've got an iceberg in your duct."

Post Likes
    renters just dont give a sh*t about the filters

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in