Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by batesx01 View Post
    The Fermentation process gives it the bad taste when you drink it out of the bottle. Pouring it into a glass alows the gas to escape. Just like refrigerant!!! LOL
    Can't say I've ever drank refrigerant. R-11 would probably pretty tasty in a nice wine glass.

I hate wine. I like to hang with pirates.

Boy PHM, you sounded so poetic,, so eloquent,,

Pass the wine please
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

This stuff tase the same regardless of what you consume it out of.

Did you read any of the ingredients? All I can make out is the words "dead chicken parts, bla bla, muskrat balls, bla bla bla, R11, bla bla, horses snot, bla bla bla, and something to do with airline bags or something!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Wine, other than to cook with, is a waste of my taste buds.

I'm a ice cold straight out the bottle Rolling Rock kinda guy.

This must be true -

I think what happens is that eventually some crickets are so exhausted from making noise that they fall into a deep sleep. Stronger younger crickets keep up the racket. This wakens the older crickets but they are too gracious to just beat the **** out of the younger crickets for waking them up. Then they figure; oh what the hell? I'm already awake - I may as well make chirping noises. By the time they have had cricket coffee and get back to the noise business the younger crickets have worn themselves out and they have fallen asleep exhausted. The young crickets barely get to sleep before the noise wakes them up again.

And on and on and on it goes. This is why crickets are always so disgreeable and inconsiderate - they are always sleep deprived. And pissed off about it.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    The crickets sleep in shifts so there are always crickets awake and chirping.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

You may have different crickets but this is what we have. Cricketts rub their hine legs together to attract a female. It's like the Barry White song of dating to crickets. See, for each 3,000 male cricket there is only one female so they have to keep at it relentlessly.

Hellen Ready wrote and sang a song in the 80's called Cricket Love. It didn't sell so she renamed it Muskrat Love and she sold a bunch of records then. It certainly helped my love life.

See, if you do this yourself females get attracted. I know cause I use to do it all the time. Next time when in a singles bar lay down on the floor and start rubbing your hine legs together really fast and the women will fall all over you. You have to take your pants off first cause your legs have to be raw -- this I found out the hard way. I set so many pants on fire before I learned this!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Ya ain't drinking the right kind of wine, and there is a shelf life even for the ones that suit yer taste.
    Some like super sweet wines. Then the challenge is to find a wine shop worker who makes sweet enough recommendations for your taste. I've talked to dry wine people who have similar experiences--getting a wine that's not dry enough.
    I tell the worker, " I like it sweet like eating out of a sugar bowl". Usually then they'll recommend a wine with Concord grapes or a dessert wine.

Then the crickets sound a little better.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

I only drink it to relax, and sometimes I get so relaxed I can't reach my hand with either a$$.

Crickets--what about those cicadas? Those things never shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    Crickets--what about those cicadas? Those things never shut up.
    We only see a lot of cicadas every 17 years or so.

I haven't seen them since I was a kid.

Must be getting on about time for them, though.

I had ONE shell in the wife's flower garden this summer.

I've been listening to those things since we moved to North Carolina 8 years ago. We find their 'leftovers' everywhere like they jumped out of thier skins.

I don't know about the wine glass thing but I remember riding the subway from Cambridge back to Boston one night and sat across a couple of folks that were swigging Listerine straight from the bottle. They had a couple of shopping bags full of Listerine so I figure maybe they were heading off to a party or something.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast