Why does wine taste bad right out of the bottle?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Why does wine taste bad right out of the bottle?

Whereas in a nice wine glass it tastes OK.

And when do crickets sleep? Seems like the ones here are always awake.

Does anybody know why spiders are so damned big this time of year?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

As far as the wine goes, your drinking the wrong wine. Take for example "Richards Wild Irish Rose" or "Thunderbird" or even "Boones Farm", these wines can only be "properly enjoyed" straight from the bottle!

Whoa... whoa...
    wait... wine comes in a bottle?
    I thought it was only in a box!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    Whoa... whoa...
    Wrong again wines comes in a bottle and takes you to the box

Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    Whoa... whoa...
    Didn't know that! I thought it came in a brown paper bag!

Seriously, sometimes wine tastes bad because of you! Really! There's a lot of chemistry when it come to wine and all of us have different levels at different times when we are more acid, netural or alkaline. And your taste buds modify the taste of perfectly good wine so it tastes bitter, too sweet or just plain harsh.

Then there are time when wine will turn into acid (white wines mainly) or sugar (red wines mainly) and the taste if awful. A leaking cork which lets air in is the main reason. Then light and vibrations upset the wine. All wine must be protected from air, light and vibrations to keep them from going bad...fermmenting.

It's always best to swirl the wine in the brown paper bag first to let it breath after opening, then smell it. And let the bottle or wine glass breath for a few seconds to a minute too before drinking. You can tell a lot by the smell even before you drink it.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Crickets are here to remind you ( on a fishing or hunting trip ) how much the wife cackles. As far as the wine goes .... Wrong one
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

just watch a wine snob, they pour it, swirl it in the glass to let it breathe, then sip it....not sure about MD20/20.

The Fermentation process gives it the bad taste when you drink it out of the bottle. Pouring it into a glass alows the gas to escape. Just like refrigerant!!! LOL

[QUOTE=Poodle Head Mikey;4530542]Whereas in a nice wine glass it tastes OK.QUOTE]

There are just so many things wrong with this question

[QUOTE=forged alloy;4533562]
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Whereas in a nice wine glass it tastes OK.QUOTE]

There are just so many things wrong with this question
    10-4

Sight, Smell, Taste it makes all the diffrence, Its like taking a nice T-bone off grill and sticking it in a plastic bag and squeezing out a chunk and wondering why it didnt taste the same as it being on a plate in front of you, no sight, no smell, no taste, heck it could have been dog **** at this point and you would have been good with it.

Right before I wrote that

I had come in to find a really excellent white clam sauce had been prepared using either Chianti or a Syrah. The remainder was sitting there in the bottle.

I looked, in a manly way, for a red wine glass, but, finding none handy thought; what the hell? I'll just drink out of the bottle. Which I did and found the wine unpleasant.

So I got some capelli and clam sauce and began. A little angel noticed I was home, looked for a red wine glass, in a womanly way, and so; immediately located and poured for me.

When she handed the wine glass to me I was much too gracious to mention that I had already tried the wine and found that it was not very good.

She sat and so I was forced to then take a sip out of politeness. And, oddly found the wine quite pleasant.

The only difference being the wine glass and the beautiful girl I naturally suspected the glass.

And then thought to ask you all.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast